B16a Vs. B16b

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Less_is_more_B18

For purposes of swapping, what would be the difference in boosting the B16 from the Si-R2 (b16A) and the JDM Civic Type R motor (B16B). I was looking for the lightest swap possible, and was not sure what the extra money in getting a type R would accomplish. Although I would be able to put that cool little type R stamp on my car like everyone in my town puts on their domestics. :tfg: Buncha posers Anyway, if anyone knows, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

SiR2 is OBD1
CTR is OBD-2 with higher compression, better valvetrain, better tranny, etc...

and no you still cant put a type R badge on the car ... there is a lot more to a type R than just an engine... not to mention its just :ghey:

Thanks dude, I was just trying to mock this guy i keep seeing around town with a "Type R Mustang." I take it the B16A would be a better one to boost then?

oops :bash: i didnt see the when boosted part ... yes the B16A will be a better candidate for boost... for boost i would still choose the B18B though

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Jan 4 2003, 06:05 PM
oops :bash: i didnt see the when boosted part ... yes the B16A will be a better candidate for boost... for boost i would still choose the B18B though

yeah it's hands down all over that b18b is the best boost on a budget motor.....

Originally posted by prawjEKt Cx@Jan 4 2003, 10:27 PM
yeah it's hands down all over that b18b is the best boost on a budget motor.....

on a budget?...

The b18b is just the best b series to boost and unlike the h22, you keep your handling. Turbo is never for the cheap, it is the most expensive or all the routes but has the biggest payoffs.

Back