B16A1 IN A 93 DEL SOLE

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

93DELSOLE

IM DOING A B16A1 SWAP IN MY 93 DEL SOLE.... I HAVE RAN INTO ALOT OF PROBLEMS.... IF ANYONE HAS DONE IT. OR KNOWS ABOUT THIS SWAP PLEASE LET ME KNOW.....

The reason why it is not working is because your basicly doing a non compadable swap. The wiring is completly diffrent. How far into the swap are you. If you have not done much, I would stop, sell that engine, and get a proper generation b16.

read our articles.

also, it is del Sol, not sole. There are no shoe inserts for this car.

:concur: and besides that, kill the caps lock please

-but also your car won't pass inspection in most states because you're jumping back a generation in OBD-

yeah i know how to spell it. but the motor is already in and everything is hooked up except for the wiring and the vacuum lines.... do you know what i will need to do to get it to work? i appreciate your help.

bolting it in is the easy part. Your going to have to rewire basicly the entire engine. There is no easy how to that anyone can point you at, because when a member on here did basicly the same swap as your doing now, his brother who is an electrical engineer spent over 6 months wiring the thing up. He later took it too a shop for there advice, and they said that if he got it to work, he would have been the third person he has known to actually finish the swap, and he had been in the bussiness for a long time. Trust us, if you have not hacked any of the wiring yet, pull your SIRI out, throw in your old engine for the time being, then save and buy an SIRII

ardperformance.com has these wiring converstion kits and wiring harnesses.... do you think that getting these will help... take a look at the web site and tell me what you think... thanks a million.

i agree man... you're going to need to get an obd1 distributor. i can't remember off the top of my head.. but perhaps injectors.. you're goign to use your original del sol harnses. you will have to wire in a knock sensor.. get a p30 ecu (or something equivalent like a chipped p28) ... get rid of the cable tranny.. buy a hyrdraulic trans..

and by then you're already way over what a 2nd gen b16 would have cost and you have an older engine with less compression.. shittier cams etc....

do yourself a favor.. i'm not trying to hate.. just speaking from experience

learn from others,,,,,,,i swapped over the first gen...........PITA!!! with the fucking c cable tranny.......not worth it and i sold it and got the correct gen and fucking ran perfect, plus I liked the extra ponies, CR, etc

believe me homie, these guys def. no what they are talking about- I def. agree with them completely, sell it bro and look for a good deal on an SIR II

These motors are OBD-0, making it a hard swap into a car wired for OBD-1. It is easier to go backwards (as in, taking a 5th gen motor into a 4th gen chassis) than forwards. Remember, its all about backwards compatibility, not forwards.

Read the articles.

Back