B16a2 Swap Question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jeffsciv23

i have a 99 ex and i am about to do a sap with a B16A2 out of a 99 civic. i was wonderin if i am able to use any B series tranny? because i wanted to use a GSR tranny. what ECU would be best to use? any help will be appriciated.

Originally posted by jeffsciv23@Jan 5 2003, 09:35 PM
i have a 99 ex and i am about to do a sap with a B16A2 out of a 99 civic. i was wonderin if i am able to use any B series tranny? because i wanted to use a GSR tranny. what ECU would be best to use? any help will be appriciated.

GSR tranny :spin: and both are obd 2 so it will all be good.

Hey Jeff, if you dont mind me asking, what did you pay for your B16A2 and where are you located? I'm looking at a virtually identical swap but I'm in a 98 EX, not 99.

I guess the other good question would be if your in my area, what are you planning on doing with your EX Engine Parts ;)

Originally posted by Casper42@Jan 6 2003, 01:54 AM
Hey Jeff, if you dont mind me asking, what did you pay for your B16A2 and where are you located? I'm looking at a virtually identical swap but I'm in a 98 EX, not 99.

I guess the other good question would be if your in my area, what are you planning on doing with your EX Engine Parts ;)

i'm in Wa state. i got the engine online at "hmotorsonline.com" for $900 for just the engine and i'll probably end up selling the D16Y8 that's in it now after i'm done collecting all the parts i need and actually doing the swap. does anybody know where i could find a GSR tranny for a reasonable price?

yes any bseries, preferably a hydro one, personally i'd go y80... and on the ecu issue just use a P2T outta a 99/00 si

i have a P2T for sale if you want one :)

Back