B16b Swap Into A 98 Cx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

prawjEKt Cx

ok before anybody flames me and goes b16b is a torqueless motor blah blah blah, they just dropped credibly in price and now i'm going to have to say the 3500 range is very reasonable... take in consideration the tranny your getting too.... well either way if i get one can i use the axles that come with it or will i need new hubs or full suspension?

Originally posted by jdmek910@Jan 3 2003, 11:50 PM
WHERE YOU FROM??

SEEMS LIKE ALL YOU ARE PAYING WAY TOO MUCH........

While I agree that that is too much for what you get.(because i'm a cheapskate)where are you from?

prawjekt cx what is reasonable about it?For that price you could have a b16a2 running the same if not higher hp.

i'm from upstate NY, yeah i know that's alot of money. right now my two plans are

b16b. yes i know i could build a b16a2, i had a worked b16a in my last rex and i thought over all it was dissapointing so my other plan was......
b18b and goldeneagle sleeving it to 84mm and 9.0:1 arias pistons, with eagle rods and arp bolts... but then the budget would be out for along time before i could afford to peice together a custom turbo

why how much can you guys get b16b's for?

and the reason i find it reasonable if i get a b16a2 swap which will run around 2200 give or take, and ran ctr cams and ctr pistons again i'd have another 600 in the engine, not to mention having to take it apart, and i'd still be lacking the insane valve train, then it goes to having a close tranny with lsd, do you kinda see where i'm going now?

From the prices I've seen it will cost you more to get the b16b,than to build up a b16a with ctr parts.If you were disappointed in a 1.6 B in a 1978lb car,then I don't see happiness with it in a 2295lb car.For the price you might as well start with a b18c5 and be up to begin with.My $00.02

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Jan 4 2003, 06:56 PM
From the prices I've seen it will cost you more to get the b16b,than to build up a b16a with ctr parts.If you were disappointed in a 1.6 B in a 1978lb car,then I don't see happiness with it in a 2295lb car.For the price you might as well start with a b18c5 and be up to begin with.My $00.02

c5's are still running a grand more than b16b's now.....

id unno i'll probally just end up going the 84mm LS swap

Back