B17 Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rogue420

so whats the deal? i'm new to hondas so be gental. own a 95 cx and am ready to swap in a b17 from a 92-93 gsr. i have access to the whole front clip so i know everything is there however, the setup has high miles but i know everything works fine. i'm going to overhaul the engine but not the tranny because i've driven it and it works great. i want to use this tranny because i know what i'm getting and i dont want to go though the hassle of selling or trading and shipping this thing then buying and shipping a hydro tranny that i know nothing about. so my question is this: do i have everything that i need to get this done? is everything going to match up i.e. distributor, wiring harness, ecu,motor mounts, axels, shift linkege, and tranny? are there convertions for the tranny i.e. cable to hydro? are they reliable? how much are they? please help me!!!

i dont think you can use that tranny (but not 100% sure) With your cx, your going to have to do a little wiring for VTEC. Also your going to have to get some del Sol VTEC shift linkages. Other things your going to need is new radaitor hoses. Some preventive maintance that is a MUST is to replace the clutch, timing belt, and water pump. Legaly, this is an illegal swap because an older engine is going into a newer car but if your in a state like i am, dont worry about this too much.

I don't see why the tranny wouldn't work.Definitely do some maintanence.You wouldn't use delsol shiftlinkage on a civic it is the wrong shape,you'd need it from the clip your getting or a teg or 99-00 si.HAsport has the hydaulic car cable tranny conversion,about $250?maybe less?I have heard they are not stop start driving friendly,but haven't used it myself.

Originally posted by asmallsol@Feb 5 2003, 12:43 PM
i dont think you can use that tranny (but not 100% sure) With your cx. this is an illegal swap because an older engine is going into a newer car but if your in a state like i am, dont worry about this too much.

Actually you can use this tranny, you will need the adapter from HASport.
and the legality of the swap really only applies if you are in california, and maybe one or two other states.

The tranny is cable. The HASport is a cable TO hydro conversion. I dont think they have a hydro to cable conversion. Just get a hydro gs-r tranny. Also, if you stay hydro, you have better NA tranny choices.

Originally posted by Domeskilla@Feb 5 2003, 06:27 PM
The tranny is cable. The HASport is a cable TO hydro conversion. I dont think they have a hydro to cable conversion. Just get a hydro gs-r tranny. Also, if you stay hydro, you have better NA tranny choices.

that is what i was thinking. Otherwise a b16a would be a much easyier swap. (minus that whole wiring mumbo jumbo :) )

I can't find either kit on their website.

Originally posted by lsvtec@Feb 5 2003, 06:51 PM
I can't find either kit on their website.

I believe you have to call them. It was on their site a while back. If i'm not mistaken, its around 500 bucks and i'm sure it dont sell enough to be online or something. Probably one of those "call to see" ordeals.

Back