B18 Or Vtec

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

[iv[

Aight I am turning 16 but wont be getting my license soon cuz i gotta take some g*y classes like this behide the wheel thing...getting to the point I have just bought a used 96 Civic EX and I am about to do an engine swap... should i swap with a new b18 engine or a vtec :unsure: and also i am planing to top either one of those engines i am getting with either a turbo or super charger... so which engine would be better? and which charger should i use with that engine if it even matters

See this thread.

Also:

B18b is non Vtec and B18c1 & B18c5 are Vtec.

So a "B18" isn't exactly a real motor, it has more call numbers :)

And yea, you already have Vtec (the B16y8).

also i am planing to top either one of those engines i am getting with either a turbo or super charger... so which engine would be better? and which charger should i use with that engine if it even matters

Yes it matters a lot. Superchargers create low end power (for less straight line racing) while turbos create top end power (for things like quarter miles..).

Originally posted by Hexen@Jan 21 2003, 01:10 PM
See this thread.

Also:

also i am planing to top either one of those engines i am getting with either a turbo or super charger... so which engine would be better? and which charger should i use with that engine if it even matters

Yes it matters a lot. Superchargers create low end power (for less straight line racing) while turbos create top end power (for things like quarter miles..).

cough cough hexan D16y8 i know that was a typo but don't wanna confuse the kid.

Originally posted by prawjEKt Cx+Jan 21 2003, 01:16 PM-->
@Jan 21 2003, 01:10 PM
See this thread.

Also:

cough cough hexan D16y8 i know that was a typo but don't wanna confuse the kid.

Oh I know, but he would learn that if he read the reference section.
Which I'm trying to point him towards.

And it's Hexen. Not Hexan.. Why does everyone think it's Hexan?

Quote from my mailbox from Roach009

"Fuck you hexan and ur mom"

What the hell? It's not Hexan.

Back