B18b Into A 93 Civic>d15b

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Sweet InStinct

Hot Member
hey everyone .... excuse my stupidness

I was gonna swap an LS motor into my Civic.
BUTTTTT people are telling me not too.
everyone has a reason.. but its not legit. and is making me think twice.

Any reasons y i should.. or shouldnt?

whos telling you not to? good motor especially for boost or just a low budget swap. 135-140 hp is a lot better than 100. i mean you can always get a b16 or b18c. any of those motors are better than what you have and im sure you would be pleased with any of the 3.

I told her no, b/c she wasn't thinking turbo at first. I told her the LS is good, as long as she boost it. B16 and a b18c is better if she isn't gonna boost it and if he will boost it. If she is certain about turbo, then get the b18b and build it up to handle decent/good amounts of boost and not have to worry to much with blowing it up.

I believe she said she wanted to swap and be fast and then add some or other. I am sorry, i forget. I'll have to check my MSN logs at home.

Originally posted by Sweet InStinct@Mar 7 2003, 03:22 PM
but its not legit.

are you saying the motor is stolen???? if thats the case dont fuck with it

Originally posted by Domeskilla@Mar 7 2003, 03:47 PM
I told her no, b/c she wasn't thinking turbo at first. I told her the LS is good, as long as she boost it. B16 and a b18c is better if she isn't gonna boost it and if he will boost it. If she is certain about turbo, then get the b18b and build it up to handle decent/good amounts of boost and not have to worry to much with blowing it up.

I believe she said she wanted to swap and be fast and then add some or other. I am sorry, i forget. I'll have to check my MSN logs at home.

so your saying if you dont boost an ls its worthless? my buddy has one in his hatch and beats b16 civics all day long in the 1/4.

Originally posted by vtecsir1@Mar 7 2003, 10:24 PM
so your saying if you dont boost an ls its worthless? my buddy has one in his hatch and beats b16 civics all day long in the 1/4.

Must be some pretty short days :D If the LS was that much better,why doesn't everyone run them?Actually don't answer since there are about twenty threads already debating the LS vs. vtec argument.

I have an LS and i like it...If you turbo it, i dont think you will ever have a problem with not enough power, just get a 3.99 boost controller :)

If you dont plan on going turbo for sure though, id go with a gsr or b16

Originally posted by SolReaver@Mar 7 2003, 04:37 PM
I have an LS and i like it...If you turbo it, i dont think you will ever have a problem with not enough power, just get a 3.99 boost controller :)

If you dont plan on going turbo for sure though, id go with a gsr or b16

i believe w/same mods and gear ratios the b16 vs the ls is about the same in the 1/4. i may be wrong i might be dumb but that is what i think. b18c over an ls for sure though.

same gear ratios they would be the same? nah.. b/c you can't gear one out of their powerbands. They make power in 2 completely different areas. The b16 wont ALWAYS beat the ls. If you put dollar to dollar and had 5k to spend and that doesn't include the motor, the LS will walk the b16. B posted that in b18b vs b16 thread.

The LS is worthless if you go NA. Now, i'm sure ppl will argue that also. Simple b/c you can buy better cams/pnp the head, blah blah. Okay. I know that. But take unlimited funds, the vtec will own the ls. Hands down. The ls is better if you only plan to spend, say 5k total.

i agree to a point, anyways what does sweet instinct want to spend on this project. any of them are better than a d15.

SweetInstinct-

The LS on its own is still a good swap. You'll be more drivable in the city, and you'll have tons more low end grunt than your stock engine. No matter what, you'll have more power and more torque. You may not have the high end revving that the B16 or B18C engines have, but you'll be one more rung up the power ladder for not too much money.

How much are you willing to spend?

Originally posted by vtecsir1@Mar 7 2003, 01:24 PM

for NA?
B16 > LS

Back