B18C1 Swap to 91 Hatch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

wht91dx

Alright I've read almost every topic on this board dealing with this subject, and the answer is always two way.

I have a 91 Civic DX, which is DPFI. Where can i look to install this swap, I have a 96 Integra Donor car, full wiring and all. What is recommended. To swap all wiring and components in engine comparment and dash. Would everything swap into my car, especially since i'm trying to do a front end conversion on it.

Next anywhere to get install instructions? And can i use the front as a front disc brake conversion and then be able to use the axles, or can i use the whole K member and have integra suspesion with brakes.

What parts are needed, and what are some sites for the install, and are the cable to hydro kits any good? Thanks :D

you wouldnt happen to be the guy derek sold his white hatch to are you? in baltimore? if not dont worry about it, i was just curious :)

anyway, you wont be able to use the entire wire harness from the gsr, it wont swap into the civic without serious work. your best bet would be to use the existing harness. since your car is a dx you will need to convert to MPFI (if it isnt already done) and you will need to add the wires for vtec, knock sensor, and iab's and such. it would be best to also convert to obd1 (you can get a conversion harness or wire the obd1 ecu plugs right to the existing harness). and use the stock p72 ecu, and all the obd1 stuff for the engine (distributor, alternator, injectors)

hasport sells great mounts, and the only one to look to if you want to do the cable to hydro conversion. but even if you use a cable tranny it will still be fine.

installation instructions? get yourself a helms manual or even better, get one for the car and the engine, and that should be all the instructions youll ever need. it includes wiring diagrams an torque specs for everything. the mounts should come with installation instructions as well.

the front brakes wont swap and im pretty sure the crossmember will not as well. if you need anything else, or anything clarified. feel free to ask.

Alright no i'm not the guy who bought it off Dereck in Baltimore i'm over in Jersey. Ok now here come the questions

1. You can buy the adapter harness from like frogengines.com or whatever the site is right? I would need the obd0 to obd2a if i'm correct. Then would I need the subharness, or is that just to really make it easy with adding the four wires, they don't really explain it.

2. In order to make the axles fit, I need the hubs of the car, so then the hubs/brakes off this integ, would that be able to then fit on the front of my car. Considering I know on fourthgenhatch.com they have a rear brake conversion, so wondering how to do it for the front.

3.People keep talking about switching it to MPFI, now they also have that on fourthgenhatch.com now even with the connecting harness you still need to do that?

4.The injector resitor box, also you are suppose to remove it if you use the injectors on the car from the swap, so you can basically remove all from that car and stick it in mine?

5. And is the cable to hydro conversion good? As well some people say you need a rear tranny mount, and some don't mention it.

Thanks

1. dont go obd2. it will just cause you headache. go obd1 and stiwch all the components on the engine to obd1 injectors, distributor, everything that is obd dependent. then use the obd0-1 conversion harness. you will have to add wires for the o2 sensor, vtec, and some other things. when you buy the harness it should have instructions as to what goes where. if it does not, then get yourself a helms manual and it will have the wiring diagrams that you can crossreference pin locations and such to find out what wires are going where.

2.you dont have to switch hubs to make the axles fit, you just need different axles. if you use the cable tranny 90-93 integra LS axles will work. if you use the hydro tranny, ive heard that the correct axles to use would be the 99-00 si axles. im not positive on this so do a little research on honda-tech.com, i know its been discussed before.

3. if your car is still using the DX harness then you will need to convert to MPFI. you can do it with a harness or you can just wire it in. ive never done an DPFI-MPFI conversion myself so i wouldnt be the one to ask about it. but from what i hear its not hard at all. again, do a little searching and im sure you can find everything you need.

4. im confused as to what you are asking. try rephrasing that.

5. ive heard nothing but good things about the cable to hydro conversion. hasport knows what they are doing. and i suspect that the rear mount thats needed is the rear mount from a 90-93 manual integra. its different then the rear mount on the 94+ integras.

Ok so your saying to buy OBD1 engine components and then just get the obd0 to 1 harness. Then yea should be four wires, that i know.
Now can't you switch your hubs, and can't you switch your brakes?
Also do you have a site for being able to install or a how to. MPFI conversion, i have that site, but for the rest. Thanks i appreciate it.

Back