B18C1 to 5G Civ complete!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Glad to hear it :) The "rev" limiting could be you tach is off a bit, not uncommon. Are you taking it to fuel cut out?

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Jun 22 2005, 01:46 AM
Glad to hear it :) The "rev" limiting could be you tach is off a bit, not uncommon. Are you taking it to fuel cut out?
[post=515115]Quoted post[/post]​

Not sure about the fuel cutout. Only took it to limit twice and it was to where I could feel it skip a bit and that was about 8K. I wouldnt doubt the tach being off. It is an virgin ECU and I asked the seller and have looked around to see that it is a stock 8400RPM limit. Confirmed by the seller. What is the speed limiter set at in these things?

No engine light and the secondaries FINALLY flippin work! Now to see if I can get my money back from Lee at ECUHacker.com. (stay tuned)

Been trying to get ahold of this guy for a couple weeks and he doesnt return my emails. He sure seems to be "standing behind his products".

He was very helpful when I first had problems answering all my emails within a day. Now that I am talking about a refund, he disapears.. Geez.

Now the only recourse I have is negative feedback on eBay and some paperwork with PayPal. My advise to people right now is not to buy anything from ECUHacker.com.

whast up with the ecu? i mean, is it chipped? if so, it could very well be just a bad burned chip.

that or if he modified the p28 to activate IAB (yes, its possible), one of the solder's may be bad.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jul 1 2005, 01:43 PM
whast up with the ecu? i mean, is it chipped? if so, it could very well be just a bad burned chip.

that or if he modified the p28 to activate IAB (yes, its possible), one of the solder's may be bad.
[post=519321]Quoted post[/post]​

Its a modified p28. The IAB that he wired in didnt activate the secondaries so it very well could be a bad solder.. Plus there was an engine light that wouldnt pull a code. Really weird when the dianostic plug was jumped, it made the SRS light flash (yes I was jumping the right plug). Im not sure and dont want to open it up since I wouldnt know what Im doing. I plugged in a stock ECU and everything worked perfect.

Well Lee got back to me .. finally. Kinda threatened negative feedback and he got back to me same day. Said he was busy before. I hope that was the case and he makes it right.

Back