B18c1 W/ Jrsc Into A 95 Civic Coupe

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cheesface123

I just got my 95 civic about 4 weeks ago and now have it lowerd with exhaust, and intake. I want to put in a supercharged b18c. I local shop Race Dezign does the b18c swap for $4600 installed and the charger is like $3500 installed. I just wanted to know if you guys thought that this would be a good setup, and what kinda of HP and 1/4 mile et's should i see. I was thinking something like 225-235 HP and like 13.5 1/4 mile time.

Originally posted by cheesface123@Jan 6 2003, 12:53 AM
I just got my 95 civic about 4 weeks ago and now have it lowerd with exhaust, and intake. I want to put in a supercharged b18c. I local shop Race Dezign does the b18c swap for $4600 installed and the charger is like $3500 installed. I just wanted to know if you guys thought that this would be a good setup, and what kinda of HP and 1/4 mile et's should i see. I was thinking something like 225-235 HP and like 13.5 1/4 mile time.

4600?? Damn.. dood just get a b18c1 with complete swap, including mounts and just swap it.. you can use the OEM teg mounts instead of buying hasport mounts. b18c1 swap from www.hmotorsonline.com are 3300 ish for comp changeover. I dont know what the JSC will add, it depends on the pully used.

SC = acceleration (best for autox)
Turbo = mid-top (drag, highway racing)

charger is like $3500 ???
Are u kidding me...
Just buy a superchurger from Jackracing , it will cost u around 2500-2800$
And just install it by ur self. Instalation of superchurgers is mad easy.
Trust me u will safe a lot of money if u will do on ur own...

That is way too much for the b18c1 even with labor.As far as the SC a little high but not that bad---JACKSON SUPER-94+INT GSR B18C
$3,025.00---this is the retail you should expect to pay plus shipping so 500 for labor is a bit steep.

Ok thanx, after reading these things i now plan to go with another shop that will do that same setup for about 6000-6500 installed.

ok, solid point. i can't argue... but i've heard too many horror stories backed up with the cold shoulder from jackson when you call them up bitching... that's what turns me away

roots type SC's vs centrifugal SC's was debated on here before... the roots type SC is great for trucks and vehicles that need large amounts of Tq at low RPMs for towing... roots type SC's also produce a lot of heat due to their design and make less overall power.... if you plan to pull a boat with your civic by all means go with the roots type SC otherwise get a centrifugal SC

heres a Civic Si with a Vortec (centrifugal) SC on it
doesnt look like it only makes power near redline to me

0102scc_vortechcivic04.gif

Back