B18c4 into Sol touble?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Not been able to get an exact comparison/stats yet....but I reckon it's 168-170 bhp at the wheels (dunno what that means in ps) on the civic saloon....

I suppose Honda put it in there because they wanted a quick saloon car and weren't convinced that the b16a series was 'big' enough for a 4-door :huh:

it is probally at the crank, not the wheels. It looks about the same ratings as the GSR. Over there, how much does the c4 cost compared to the b18c1?

Yeah, think you're right, the figures look quite similar.

I'd be looking at around $1800-$2200 for a decent b18c1 over here (I would probably have to get one imported), and about $1200(shopping around) for the b18c4 as it's a UK motor!

That's another reason I'm going for the c4!! Extra money to spend on mods!
:)
I quite like my d16z6 and the couple of things I've done to it, but I need a bit more power to compete on the strip next year!

It won't save me money boosting it, a basic GReddy kit comes in at about $1800 over here, low boost (up to about 10 psi!) and without intercooler and other bits n bobs.....that would mount up to an awful lot!
Chances are the turbo would be a lot more fragile than the NA engine also....

I think you are making a wise decision in getting the b18c4. I know that the c4 is not the type r motor because it is called b18 spec r. The b18c1 i read about and heard that it is the lowest motor quality i guess out of the b18c line. you should get the b18c4 if you can get it.. i heard it is quite rare well for u.s. it is.

Thanx, I don't think the US got the B18c4 in any models at all, so that's why it'll be rare....I wonder if anyone's got one? :)

Just a case of waiting for the right engine now, when I get it strapped in OK I want to add a bit of NO2....how much do you think I could safely add to the stock engine?

Ah well....glad you'll be far away when it eventually blows up then? :p

Suppose there is a great argument for staying NA, but I've been beaten up the strip by far too many Nissans in the past year, something must be done! :D

Back