B18CR swap in a Del sol si

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Wain3

just wondering if it´s possible to make a swap with the B18C5/6 engine in my Del Sol Si with the D16Z6 engine?

I do know where I can buy engine mounts. But the rest. Transmission and the harness? And a lot of other things. If it´s to hard im buying a EG6 instead. That swap should be easier.

Originally posted by pheonixb16aguy+Sep 4 2005, 09:19 PM-->
@Sep 4 2005, 02:52 PM
just wondering if it´s possible to make a swap with the B18C5/6 engine in my Del Sol Si with the D16Z6 engine?

I do know where I can buy engine mounts. But the rest. Transmission and the harness? And a lot of other things. If it´s to hard im buying a EG6 instead. That swap should be easier.
[post=549545]Quoted post[/post]​

lol your car is a eg bud... and millions have done the swap... bother or (pm) pissedoffsol on here he had one ;)
[post=549553]Quoted post[/post]​

The only prblem is that im living i Swe.. no one had done that swap here..

I'm not sure what differences there are for EDM (European Domestic Market) and USDM and JDM del sols, but the B18C5 (USDM ITR) or B18CR (JDM ITR) can go into a EG2 or EH6 (del sol chassis) with relative ease.

Your car is the spitting image of a USDM DelSol of the same trim, so most info here will apply to you. The swap is a simple remove and replace, use the Integras wiring harness if you have it, and run a chipped P28 ECU (you have the P28, just have it chipped to run a ITR, Pissedoffsol here can get you a base map).

yeah it will fit. ob2 to obd1 conversion and your off on the right track

i have the same swap in the same car
if you have any specific questions feel free to ask :)

sry guys for the topic in the wrong forum. my bad! I think that my english is very bad :) Does anyone of you guys in here know some god store where i can buy parts to my car in Florida? Im going to usa in october :D looking for some Altezza taillights (carbon fiber) and so on..

But my engine is a D enginge and the B18CR is a B engine. The engine mounts should be very very wrong or am i thinking wrong? And the drive shafts. What about them? I think i need them from the integra right? And all the eletrics should be a very hard thing if i need to change the most of it out, if i need to change anything? I know about the Ecu and wirring harness. But plz help me a little bit. Im totally lost in my own thaughts :p

Things you need to swap...

Motor
Transmission
Axles
Shiftlinkage
And either an OBD I P28/P30 chipped to run an ITR, or and OBD II ITR ECU and a OBD I to OBD II conversion harness.

One note, the five lug ITRs have a larger spindle on the outter joints of the axles. So, you need to get Any other 94+ Integra axles, 93+ CRX VTi (DelSol), or 92+ Civic VTi axles (U.S. guys don't pay attention to this, these are what he would look for in Europe)

Also, get the ITR engine harness, it will be the easiest way to install the motor in reguards to wiring the engine in.

thx a lot man! now i just need to find everything. :)

can anyone tell me a store? that should be nice! im going to florida in october and i was thinkin to take some parts home. not something big but some small candy parts :)

Back