b20 question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mmk21

I plan on doing a b20 vtec with a gsr head. I'm going to put forged pistons and rods. Try to get as high a compression as possible. Head is fully built too with stage 2 cams, port and polish and everything.

I just wanted to know how much power the b20 can handle and will i need to resleeve the block?

Well a dart B20 can hold about 650 (Stroker Kit, Bored out, Cams, PnP, New Head, Turbo) Now the Aluminum B20...thats another Story. I would say 400 might be pushing it, but i really dont know

But yes, you will have to resleeve the block or go with a Dart block (cast iron. http://www.dartheads.com)

Originally posted by mmk21@Sep 8 2005, 03:42 PM
I plan on doing a b20 vtec with a gsr head. I'm going to put forged pistons and rods. Try to get as high a compression as possible. Head is fully built too with stage 2 cams, port and polish and everything.

I just wanted to know how much power the b20 can handle and will i need to resleeve the block?
[post=551578]Quoted post[/post]​

If you're staying all motor, there's no need to resleeve the block. You can run upwards of 250whp with good tuning without worrying about the sleeve.

Back