B20 Resleeved Vs. B18c Rebored/resleeved

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

K2e2vin

Does anyone know which sleeve would be thicker/stronger if the b18c is rebored to 84mm and the B20b is resleeved?
thanx

:blink: huh? :blink:

are you asking if a bored B18C will be stronger than a re-sleeved B20????????

the B18C sleeved to 84mm will be stronger than a stock B20... for that matter pretty much anything that you get sleeved will be stronger than a stock block... thats the whole point behind sleeving

the b18c is infinitely better. you already have a breather box, and don't need to add a catch can like the crvblock. plus, the b18c block is better equipped for high rpm's and is less prone to spun rod bearings. overall, i wouldn't even consider a crv block unless i didn't have any other options.

I know but im going for some custom cranks and rods for a good r/s ratio and the displacement i turned up with is around 1.6L, i want it to be around 1.8L. So basically itll look like a 2.0L engine but actually be 1.8L
Im going turbo so of course theyll be resleeved (going with AEBS T-Sleeves). The main question is would they be practically the same (as in sleeve thickness)? Would it even be worth getting a b20 block?

the sleeves on a stock b20 and a stock b18 are the same thickness. If you bore/resleeve a b18 the cylinder walls will be thinner than those in a resleeved b20. It really doesnt matter which is thicker since they will both be sleeved. However if you plan on blowin high amounts I'd suggest a re-sleeved b20. its only like 200 dollars more than the LS. Or the same if you just buy the short block.

Originally posted by K2e2vin@Feb 1 2003, 09:06 PM
I know but im going for some custom cranks and rods for a good r/s ratio and the displacement i turned up with is around 1.6L, i want it to be around 1.8L. So basically itll look like a 2.0L engine but actually be 1.8L
Im going turbo so of course theyll be resleeved (going with AEBS T-Sleeves). The main question is would they be practically the same (as in sleeve thickness)? Would it even be worth getting a b20 block?

Price it out. The B20 and B18 both resleeved and bored to 84mm are going to be the same in terms of performance... so get whichever setup is cheaper for you. They'll both be running the exact same setup internally (to your pistons), so whichever you can get cheaper resleeved and bored to 84mm is your best choice. The only real difference when they're both resleeved and at the same bore is the stamp on the block. Now if you're getting the B18C block, you do get oil squirters, a crank girdle, and the oil cooler... which are nice.

:D

Originally posted by Calesta+Feb 4 2003, 12:01 AM-->
@Feb 1 2003, 09:06 PM

Price it out. The B20 and B18 both resleeved and bored to 84mm are going to be the same in terms of performance... so get whichever setup is cheaper for you. They'll both be running the exact same setup internally (to your pistons), so whichever you can get cheaper resleeved and bored to 84mm is your best choice. The only real difference when they're both resleeved and at the same bore is the stamp on the block. Now if you're getting the B18C block, you do get oil squirters, a crank girdle, and the oil cooler... which are nice.

:D

thanks for the info. good lookin out.

Back