b20

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

1sickrex

im getting my b20 tomorrow. just wondering what all i can swap from my b16 turbo. lemme know what u think. thnx

do b20/vtec
use the b16 head, get a ls/vtec kit and get a new downpipe. b20vtec turbo viola

If you are going to boost that B20 block, rebuild it first. While they can hold small amounts of boost on stock internals, anything crazy will send you back to the rebuilding stage. Spend the money right the first time and build it well.

CRVtec is a good choice if you want to have a fun little project/car. Add boost to it after you break the motor in and work out the bugs.

And for the love of God, get that shit tuned.

im planning on b20 vtec. i need to rebuild my t3/t4 before i put it on. what do i need as far as machine work on the head?

what do you mean machine work for th head?? if you wanna pnp then that is about it, the vtec heads flow pretty good, alot better than any non-vtec heads do.

Your main concentration with a CRVtec is the bottom end. Rebuild it to handle more boost. The stock sleeves don't hold very much boost. A stock B20 with a T4 60 trim can hold 4-6 psi before you start compromising the integrity of the motor. If it were me, I would resleeve and rebuild it with new internals.

I think the block can handle a little more than that with a good tune but really not much, I absolutely agree that you should sleeve the bottom end at the very least and prolly get a set of pistons.
The stock rods should take about 300hp before you have any problems, the crank can easily take 400hp.

Your main concentration with a CRVtec is the bottom end. Rebuild it to handle more boost. The stock sleeves don't hold very much boost. A stock B20 with a T4 60 trim can hold 4-6 psi before you start compromising the integrity of the motor. If it were me, I would resleeve and rebuild it with new internals.

There are other threads about this on this site. A stock B20 block (read: sleeves) is good for about 200 horse. After that, it begins to fail. For longevity, reliability, and saving a headache, it's probably better to just do it right than to worry about whether it is going to pop tomorrow or 2 years from now.

Back