B20B in a 93 Del Sol, now H22

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

starboy869

Hi,

I got a quick question regarding engine swaps.

A friend of mine killed his B18C in his 92 Delsol. He's a little low on money and I informed him of the a B20B/Z from a CRV being cheaper than a B18C. [He isn't a car guy.]

I think this swap is going to be straight forward.

Remove the dead B18C engine & ECU. (sorry not for sale)

Install a B20B or Z. Ie. Mounts should line up?
Use the B18C wiring harness
Install the B20b/z ecu

He's planning on using the B18C transmission. (good?)

I know I need a new t-belt, waterpump, clutch kit, etc.

If I'm overlooking something let me know.

Chris

The mounts should line up. All B series have there mounts in the same spot. Harness should be the same as a LS. I was told a b20 is just a bigger ls. anyways the tranny will work fine. I mean for fuck sake man its a type r tranny

Originally posted by drpenguin@Aug 3 2005, 12:49 PM
The mounts should line up. All B series have there mounts in the same spot. Harness should be the same as a LS. I was told a b20 is just a bigger ls. anyways the tranny will work fine. I mean for fuck sake man its a type r tranny
[post=535230]Quoted post[/post]​

Not exactly, Typre-R came with a very good LSD, and the GSR B18C only came with an optional one...

use a b20b, cuase i got one for sale.

itr and gsr's lsd's are completely different. gsr has clutch type and the itr doesnt.

I was thinking about going with a b20z since it's almost the same price as B20B.

Also I would need a clutch for the b18C transmission or b20z? I think that's about the only thing I over looked.

Chris

Originally posted by starboy869@Aug 3 2005, 12:22 PM
Hi,

I got a quick question regarding engine swaps.

A friend of mine killed his B18C in his 92 Delsol. He's a little low on money and I informed him of the a B20B/Z from a CRV being cheaper than a B18C. [He isn't a car guy.]

I think this swap is going to be straight forward.

Remove the dead B18C engine & ECU. (sorry not for sale)

Install a B20B or Z. Ie. Mounts should line up?
Use the B18C wiring harness
Install the B20b/z ecu

He's planning on using the B18C transmission. (good?)

I know I need a new t-belt, waterpump, clutch kit, etc.

If I'm overlooking something let me know.

Chris
[post=535204]Quoted post[/post]​

everything will work fine just try and get a 94-95 ls ecu i have it now it runs way harder. so use that b18c ecu

Originally posted by starboy869@Aug 4 2005, 02:27 PM
I was thinking about going with a b20z since it's almost the same price as B20B.

Also I would need a clutch for the b18C transmission or b20z? I think that's about the only thing I over looked.

Chris
[post=535829]Quoted post[/post]​

o yeah go with the b20b because the z has a high throttle body and you wont be able to close your hood, and use da same clutch from your b18c

Another update and a bonus for me.

My friend decided to toss the B20B idea and go the :worthy: H22 route.

I never done a H22 in a 93 del sol before.... this could be interesting.

I have some serious research in the next few months to do. :blink:

H22 swap isnt hard, if you have any questions my AIM is the same as my longin here. I have done 6 h series swaps and a plethora of b series swaps in my garage.

Back