B20b In Crx Si

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

a d-series distributor will not bolt up to a b-series.

You remove the bottom two tabs and use the top only, never had a problem from mine....sometimes you have to step out out the norm and try new things, that is how hybrids are discovored.

What ever you all do dont listen to pissedoffsol He obviously has never turned a wrench on a honda and should not be allowed to give advise on something he knows nothing about. You can pretty much take any honda distributor and place it on any honda motor.

I have put obd1 d15 distributors on b18c's, b20's, and vise versa. Yes it is hard and takes a little bit of thought but who said this shit is supposed to be easy. As long as it is the same OBD as the car it is going in, all is well. Also, you may have to change where number one spark plug wire goes on the cap because the distributor may be 180 degrees off so that you can get a bolt in it. However, this does work and can get you out of a tight bind. You may also have to cut a couple of the taps off or notch them. As long as you have one to hold it down your ok. Just look at V-8 cars. They have been running with one bolt distributors for over 50 years. All you have to do is make sure that the you put that motor on top dead center and then look at which spark plug wire the rotor button is pointing at, and then that is now number one and you just place the rest of the wires accordingly. Thats it.

So no there is really no need to spend $200 bucks on a gsr distributor, when you can buy a SOHC one for $30. I do it all the time off ebay. Why spend the extra money. Buy something worth buying.

I hope this helps everyone.

Originally posted by fxcustumz@Feb 6 2003, 02:42 PM
What ever you all do dont listen to pissedoffsol He obviously has never turned a wrench on a honda and should not be allowed to give advise on something he knows nothing about. You can pretty much take any honda distributor and place it on any honda motor.

Somebody wants to get banned with a quickness.

Back