B20b swap in a 99ek

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

That_static_fg2

I recently thought someone else’s project, fully running and driving. It’s a 1999 Honda Civic EK hatch had a 1.6 L with an automatic in it, but now has a B 20 B with a unknown five speed. The head says PR 4–4 and the block says B 20 B does anyone know where this motor might’ve come from and maybe white transmission it has. Also wondering is the PR 4–4 head OK or should I swap it non-VTEC by the way

I recently thought someone else’s project, fully running and driving. It’s a 1999 Honda Civic EK hatch had a 1.6 L with an automatic in it, but now has a B 20 B with a unknown five speed. The head says PR 4–4 and the block says B 20 B does anyone know where this motor might’ve come from and maybe white transmission it has. Also wondering is the PR 4–4 head OK or should I swap it non-VTEC by the way

Sounds like it's a b20b block with an LS head. pretty sure thats an obd1 b18b1 head. It's nearly the same as a b20 head anyway, expect for the intake manifold.

probably an LS 5speed as well (if you aren't at 4k+ at 70mph, it's an LS tranny) on stock wheel size.

A vtec head swap can be done. Lots of content here on the ls/vtec build. It's up to you, what you want to do, and how much you want to spend.

Back