b20z no start

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

EF9_boy

I swapped a b20z into my SI and rewired an OBD1 dizzy to make it work. I have fuel and fire, it will start and run for 30 seconds or so then putters out. Idles irradicly, tack goes CRAZY. Timing is dead on. I am throwing code 4 (crank angle sensor), i have switched ECU's just to make sure , i also switched out my crank angle sensor

any ideas why my car is not running?

did you reset your ecu? just curious cause i had the same problem with a rebuilt dizzy and kept forgetting to reset the ecu, and it kept throwing codes. also does your ecu match the dizzy? i was using the wrong obd dizzy and kept buring up crank sensors.

yup reset it every time i try startin it, i am using a PR4 OBD0 ecu

how did you rewire an obd1 dizzy to run with an obd0 ecu? just curious cause that might be your problem.

your gonna need to use an obd0 dizzy. the sensors in both run off different frequencies. i ran into that problem with my ls swap. if you were to use a obd1 ecu you could use the obd1 dizzy.

alright man thanks for your help:cool: i just ordered a Dist. King OBD0 dizzy ill let you know how it goes:thumbsup:

OBD0 dizzy success!!! it idles perfectly.... but when i give it gas it dies so i have one more issuse to deal with

Back