bad-ass road

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

posol

RETIRED
on the DFH lsit... this road was brought up as being twisty, jumpy, and just overall bad ass.

bah, link isn't working.. fucking map quest!

search for
[124-127] RIVER RD
ESSEX, CT
06426, US

on map quest.

i want to go. it looks to be about 30 min from bristol....

I'd like to join you... can you wait two weeks? In about 8 hours, I'll be on the Saw Mill Parkway in NY though... twisties=fun times!! :)

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Sep 30 2003, 07:57 PM
on the DFH lsit... this road was brought up as being twisty, jumpy, and just overall bad ass.

RIVER RD
ESSEX, CT

Brian, I'm taking the bait! That was my post in response to Max. Max and I actually grew up together in Essex. I even dated his sister in high school.

My house was on River Road. That was my favorite high speed drive growing up. Still is. It's probably about 40 miles from Bristol.

A VERY nice road indeed. B) Sounds like a field trip may be in order. I'm sure Max is in.

Originally posted by 94RedSiGal@Sep 30 2003, 08:06 PM
I'd like to join you... can you wait two weeks?

Martine,

Essex is one town north of Old Saybrook. And River Road will gladly wait another two weeks.

C.

I am up for it. How far is it from 153 that leads out to rt 1 in Westbrook? Damn I miss that area, fucking boat had to be a pos so I haven't been down there in a month.

I'll try to get you guys a video from here once I get a cage and camera / camera mount...

image_map.gif

Come to Austin B! You'll like it here. The scenery and the Texas women are absolutely beautiful.

:lol:

sorry dude- spurs and 10 gallon hats and wrangler jeans just don't do it for me :D

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Oct 1 2003, 12:57 AM

bah, link isn't working.. fucking map quest!

search for
[124-127] RIVER RD
ESSEX, CT
06426, US

on map quest.

Thats why you need to come saturday with us. Picture a windy hilly road like that that lasts for 25 miles or so.....

Originally posted by Calesta@Oct 1 2003, 12:29 AM
Austin

I think I'm in for Austin. River Road doesn't come close to that road! :worthy:

Originally posted by quicksi@Oct 1 2003, 08:35 AM
Thats why you need to come saturday with us. Picture a windy hilly road like that that lasts for 25 miles or so.....

sorry man.. swap starts friday :)

NH, or 2L trubo gsr motor... hrm.... :unsure:

funny thing is, you decide NOW to start your swap...just refresh my memory, How long has that motor sat in your parents garage??? :p

Snake Hill (actual road names Totoket to BrushyPlain Rd.) In Branford is a bad ass road and mucho fun. It ain't called snake hill for nothing either. it's kinda short but really fun.

how far from danbury is essex?

id be down if it isnt gonna take me all day just to get there.

when is everyone planning on going?

-Chris

I'd say danbury is about an hour away. I'm sure driving around Candlestick Lake is comparable to River Road. By the way, River Road is only about a three mile drive.

Back