Beer?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I love Black Lager, but dont much care for Guiness of any sort. I'll drink it, but I'd prefer others.

have you tried the 250? its beautiful.

No. As much as I'd like to experiment with different beers I generally stick to what I know. I work nights and most of the good parts of the weekend. Bit its f'd up hours at night. 10pm-8am so that kills mornings and evenings as well. So I pretty much only drink beer when I go out to a bar to catch a game or something. Other than then I go for liquor. I dont wanna waste my time or money trying stuff I wont like at the bar with food. And they dont take kindly to BYOB.

Leinenkugal's Sunset Wheat is pretty good if you like wheat beers. All of the SA's are good beer as well, however, I always find myself going back to good 'ol Yuengling.

Leinenkugal's Sunset Wheat is pretty good if you like wheat beers. All of the SA's are good beer as well, however, I always find myself going back to good 'ol Yuengling.

I lived in Pittsburgh for a year. All I have to say is Yuengling is waaaay over rated. It is a good fall back or quantity beer, and is much better on tap, but still not so great...

I agree. I've only had it bottled, but I'd say it's just ok. Never had the Sunset Wheat though.

As far as PA beers, I'd rather drink Rolling Rock. Almost like drinking a lite beer, but it's good for all day endeavours.

Rolling Rock is brewed by Anheuser Busch now. On that note, the new BL Golden Wheat is surprisingly good. This from a self proclaimed beer snob. It is great. It is reminiscent of Blue Moon without being nearly as heavy. It is quite refreshing...yum

Rolling Rock is brewed by Anheuser Busch now.

I think it has been for a few years now. I know the acquisition was a couple years back. Originally they were planning on closing the brewery in Latrobe, but I don't think it went down like that.

Edit.

Upon research, A/B bought it from InBev, which then purchased A/B, and now A/B is trying to re-sell Rolling Rock. There's also apparently something A/B came up with called Rolling Rock Red. Never heard of it.

And it's now brewed in Jersey.

Last edited:
The Sunset Wheat is really good. They make some other great beers too. I'm a Yuengling fan too. I believe it's so popular because it's better than most domestics and costs the same in most places. My dad drinks their Black & Tan. I enjoy those too.

As for Rolling Rock, I was never a fan. I liked their Green Light before they got rid of it. Actually in college, My friends and I loved to play Red Light, Green Light all the time. Drink Green Light, and smoke until our eyes were red. Get 6:30 high, as we called it (higher than 4:20).

I wanted to try BL's wheat beer. Just haven't picked it up yet. I was hoping they didn't F it up.

I figured it would be shitty but it is pretty great

DSC04053.jpg

This is the barley wine in secondary ferment. He'll soon have a friend.
DSC04037.jpg

DSC04038.jpg

Couple pics of my wort chiller that I just rigged up earlier. Worked like a charm, more on that later.
DSC04039.jpg

Boiling the malt extract
DSC04041.jpg

Essential supplies
DSC04042.jpg

DSC04043.jpg

DSC04044.jpg

I didn't have steeping bags, so I used some old socks that were wearing thin. What? I boiled them.
DSC04045.jpg

Must drink beer while making beer
DSC04046.jpg

Wort chiller installed in brew kettle
DSC04047.jpg

DSC04048.jpg

DSC04050.jpg

DSC04051.jpg

Added tangerine zest and finishing hops for the last five minutes of boil
DSC04058.jpg

DSC04059.jpg

My chiller dropped it from boiling to 70 degrees F in 10 minutes.
DSC04060.jpg

The IPA and the barley wine.

I love you for making IPA. I am so tempted to do this. Although, I jus found a beer sore that sells Dogfish Head 60/90/120, Hop Devil, and Hoptical Illusion for $1.70/bottle, which is a fuckin bargain.

I love you for making IPA. I am so tempted to do this. Although, I jus found a beer sore that sells Dogfish Head 60/90/120, Hop Devil, and Hoptical Illusion for $1.70/bottle, which is a fuckin bargain.
I'm been looking for a reason to move to the NH/VT area besides snowboarding... haha.

I had BL Wheat last night. Pretty decent. Also had a 6 of McSorley's Black Lager. Awesome. Tastes a lot like a Guinness actually. But not as heavy.

Klyph- Beer looks amazing. Nice mug. I love anything Paulaner. They make a sick double bock.

I just picked up a six pack of BL Golden Wheat... Not bad. They should call it Blue Moon light. They're almost identical in initial taste. Bud Light finishes a little weak though. Id buy it again. :shrug2:

I had a Magic Hat Sampler last night. Money.

Also bought something that caught my eye. A 32oz jug of Mississippi Mud Black and Tan. Awesome beer for 2 bucks and change.

Is it a good thing that I've had 5 miller lites in 4 hours and I'm not even buzzed yet? I think since my cousin moved in I've really built up my tolerance quite a bit.

I used to be a cheap drunk, anyway.

I may have to drink Miller more often. It seems to go down smoother for me, on the other hand with that, it seems to go down faster and then I end up having to go get another beer sooner.

I may have to drink Miller more often.

The problem is that Miller is like 3-4% ABV...lame. Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA is 9% ABV!! It is like two beers worth while only drinking one so...5 beers in 4 hours = 10 beers. Then you'll be drunk!

On another note, there is the Dogfish Head 120 Minute IPA...21% ABV!!1! That is close to 5 beers worth of alcohol in the same 12 oz.! Although they are roughly $10 a piece...?!

Did they drop the alcohol content for Miller lite compared to bud light? I always thought those lights all had somewhere between 3-5%. A few weeks ago after 6 bud lights I was so gone I couldn't even talk anymore without feeling like I was going to have taste it again on the way back up.

Back