bent rims

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DjMcPhatty

Let me first start off by giving some backround info....

I had my rota slips/ w kumho tires put on Jan. 2nd of this year. 2 days later I drove to st. louis on my new set up and everything was going fine until I hit highway 70 construction and hit a huge pot hole (more like a small ditch it seemed) in the middle of the road. I saw it but couldn't avoid it because I was trapped in between 2 cars....anywayz after hitting the pot hole, i knew something had to be fucked up, upon getting to my house I saw that I had bent my drivers side rim....well since then I've been driving on it, and have bent my passenger side rim (but not nearly as bad, its really only minor) somewhere while I was still living in st. louis.....

Well I have moved back to Huntsville, AL...and for the drive back I put my front two stockies back on (because I have a bad alignment due to lowering my car, tokico hps, and eibach sportlines), so i was going to drive back to alabama on my shit tires and then have my front end aligned and put my rims back on...

Well today I went to NTB and they refused to align my car because of a bulge in my tire....well its understandable because they dont want to be held liable if i were to have a blow out. Heres where my question comes in....they told me that if i just get a new tire I can still have it put on the bent rim and there wont be any problem with the new tires. Is this true? I am eventually going to be getting new front rims, but right now im a bit strapped for cash... so i just want to find out if this is true from somebody who's not trying to sell me something. Also if anyone has any 16" black rota slipstreams in good condition, i am very interested.

im not sure if this had made any sense im just really cornfused right now.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jul 25 2003, 09:10 AM
save and just get the new rims with the new tires all at once.. rock the steelies for a while :p

:ditto: I agree. Sport the stocks for awhile and when you have money, buy some new ones.

thats what im going to do....i figure 2 more rotas (cause that will fix the problem for fairly cheap) and then im just gonna start saving, till i get a nice set of lightweight and "strong" rims.....i would really want some volks but right now those are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay outta the price range.....specially cause im gettin close to bein able to afford the swap...

Back