Best Suspension?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I never took one 1/4, but I know if you slam the gas pedal they roast em up :D

Police Crown Vics are nothing special shoc 4.6 v8, AODE 4 speed auto transmission, 4 link live rear axle, same as a regular Crown Vic. Now the differences HD cooling (tranny and engine), HD altenator, HD suspension (higher rate springs, thicker f/r sway bars, HD gas shocks) Chassis reinforcements, Minor engine, transmission, and ecu mods worth maybe 20 hp total, shorter rear end gear, LSD, HD rims, HP tires varies summer winter that's pretty much it. Now keep in mind that police cars are heaiver than regular editions so right there you loose some of the advantages. If a regular marked crusier ran high 14's, low 15's I'd be very suprised. Now state cops, unmarked cops, and anything besides a crown vic can be a different story. And last but not least, YOU CANNOT OUTRUN A RADIO.

you can outrun cops, if it's a moderately rural suburban area. It's not wise but I know kids who just gun it if they see lights way back, turn onto a random street, turn somemore, and just park somewhere or keep going. If they didn't get your plate and they loose sight of you, you win because they can't prove it was your car if your not driving (if you take the park route) :) Not wise at all, as you'll wish all you had was a speeding ticket if you get caught. I'm just saying

just remember...suspension is good, but only as good as your tires.

i've seen a few Z28 cop cars out here (CHP). id like to know what THEY run. :D

I would like to clear one thing up - I'm not building a getaway car. I just think that if you have a highly modded car that can't out-corner a regular Crown Vic, you've wasted your money or done something wrong. Cause with the weight advantage and the right suspension set up - you should be able to walk away from them in the corners.

Thanx for the help - I'm looking into driving schools - I think there is one up in PIR (Portland, OR) and I've planned on one for a while - Most kids like me THINK they know how to drive but don't know $hit - that much I've learened.

I just have one more concern.

It rains ALOT here. What would be the best tire for wet traction? I know some that get mad dry traction but turn into sled rails on wet roads. Once again thanx. Most of you guys have my praise :worthy:

cant tell you from expericence but because everyone says they rock on wet pavement I just bought the Brigestone Potenza S03's Pole Positions. From TireRack.com, them in 195/50/15's for only 79 a tire. Everyone says the are extremly sticky and hold just as well in the rain. Right Now they are on a UPS headed for my house and hopefully I can have them installed by tommrow. I will let you know

Potenza's

Originally posted by SuperZaque01@Mar 11 2003, 01:41 PM

Thanx for the help - I'm looking into driving schools - I think there is one up in PIR (Portland, OR) and I've planned on one for a while - Most kids like me THINK they know how to drive but don't know $hit - that much I've learened.

check out NASA in ur region, they should have lapping/driving school days there. my frnd runs at PIR every once in awhile. its a blast...u can ask "b16" :D

Back