Blueprinting

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Tonyd0821

Banned
if you get an engine "blueprinted"....

that means they rebuild your engine to original manufacture's specifications right?
resleeve, balance take apart put together blah blah blah.

this does not help in terms of performance very much, rather moreso for the life of the engine right?

so once blueprinting is all said and done, do you have to break the engine in again like it did when it was brand new?
and would you notice a diff. in the way the car runs....not necessarily more hp or tq...but rather the engine just "feels better" ?

blue printing is not rebuilding or sleeving - its machine work

its all about balancing really. they trim off and try to get it back to manu. sepcs

i thought balancing & blueprinting was making sure every single piece of the motor was exactly in spec and pretty damn near exact in measurement. Very precise stuff and worth it if you got the green.

ah well again, i went to this website, and the "blueprinting" special included sleeving....
from this race shop out in my area.

Blue printing to my understanding is taking the engine apart and building it to exact specs checking clearences and what not with plastiguage and feelers and the like it is like you said to make the engine feel better it may end up giving you maybe a horse or two but that just because it if like you said as if the engine is "new" because it is back to oem specs or manufactures specs if engine is built thats how i always understood it ;)

oh and as for the new sleeves that may be just something that that shop includes in the blueprinting package or they may include it because it is the best way to get precise ring to sleeve clearance to impeed blow-by as much as possible ;)

Back