boost question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

D street Civic

Ok i know this is not a honda but my question is still going to be asked because i know there are some smart people in here. My 92 talon tsi (big 16g turbo) doesnt pull any harder at 16psi than at 12psi why is that? Stock exhaust minus muffler and k&N filter all else is stock and no it is not leaning out i have a wideband!!!! Cylinder compression is also good due to new rings and preasure test.

just because it dont feel like its doing much more i bet it is but you need to dyno it to find out

You are...

1. Boost leaking
2. Heat soaking
3. Exhaust leak
4. Boost leaking

Run a boost leak test and fix anything you find, and I can almost guarantee you there's something leaking. Then check to make sure you don't have an exhaust leak somewhere pre-turbo (this is especially true if you are unable to hold boost to redline). Finally, if you're doing repeated runs even in the cold weather you will heat soak the stock SMIC, and being a 1g you got an even smaller core than the stock 2g SMIC.

In the end, you do not have the supporting mods to bring the most out of that turbo so don't expect to put down massive numbers just because you have a 16g. My advice to you is read read read and then figure out what you want to do with the car.

www.dsmtuners.com
DSMtalk.com - DSM Forums :: Eclipse, Talon and Laser Information
VFAQ Site - Visual Frequently Answered Questions

Back