Booya

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SleEPeR_CRX

Hey all, im so happy, i just found a complete 1990 integra RS with 180,000kilometers new rad and alternator, front end damage, but brand new brakes and seats. for 1000 bucks canadian. im gunna sway the brakes onto my CRX and put in the Integra seats, and work on the other engine. i was wondering tho is there anything hard about the integra brakes swap? ive never done one so i have no idea what im doing. its a 1990 RS i have a 1990 CRX Si. i was wondering if its just like putting new calipers and rotors on, or must i use the master cylinder from the integra on it, i wanna keep the stock CRX's rear disc. just upgrade the fronts, also will Integra seats just bolt in?, or do i need a bracket? thanks everyone

Hey! I saw no1 answered yet so i decided too..

New to this so dont laugh!!!

I personally think u should go ask a Professional.. not that most of us on these forums dont kno.. obviously some know more than others... but the safest way is that.
Go ask!!
Simple lol

;)

Hope I helped... (even tho i didnt..)

~bye~

i haven't done it personally, but several people on this board including "chet" have done it... so thanks for your input, but thats what the forums are for... helping people out... if everyone asked "professionals" then this would be pointless.

As for the seats. I have never done seat swaps on those 2 cars. But if it don't mate up perfectly all you would need to do is drill new holes on the brackets. As for the brakes... You will most likely need to just swap over the hubs. I would swap the master cylander too because the integra one will be stronger.

I wouldn't bother putting the brakes on. Your Si already has 4wheel disc brakes, so I'd suggest just buying bigger rotors and performance brake pads to stop you. What I WOULD suggest is to put that B18A into your rex; you basically got a B18 + seats + brakes for $650 US. That is a STEAL! You can put in the B18 (or at least save it until you can afford mounts etc.) and the seats, and sell the control arms for the brakes to anyone else with a 4g Civic NON-si for $150 or so, and then it'll be $500 for the engine and seats. Then junk it for $100-200, and it'll be $300-400 for the engine and seats. Now THAT'S something to say BOOYA about. =]

Ya i already have the mounts i was just waiting to find new engine. now that i have it i am obviously gunna put it in. thats a no brainer, its just a friend said to do the integra brakes and stuff while we have all the suspension out, it will only take like 30 mins more, so i thought id ask u guys. Chet if u know how to do the brakes let me know. also about the seats, i know i might have to drill new holes. but i just wondered if any1 knew offhand if they would fit. I know this is a hell of a steal:). found it on www.importclassifieds.ca and the guy was super cool. engine is perfect condition, 180km's with new alternator.

Originally posted by SleEPeR_CRX@Jan 16 2003, 10:17 PM
Ya i already have the mounts i was just waiting to find new engine. now that i have it i am obviously gunna put it in. thats a no brainer, its just a friend said to do the integra brakes and stuff while we have all the suspension out, it will only take like 30 mins more, so i thought id ask u guys. Chet if u know how to do the brakes let me know. also about the seats, i know i might have to drill new holes. but i just wondered if any1 knew offhand if they would fit. I know this is a hell of a steal:). found it on www.importclassifieds.ca and the guy was super cool. engine is perfect condition, 180km's with new alternator.

I think the brake swap that most people usually do is going from non-disc rear brakes to control arms with disc brakes. Like I said, I dunno if it'd be worth it to upgrade to a larger rotor size from a used car--you'd be better off buying new slotted rotors and pads that are a little bigger and having them new. You could fetch a good premium for those control arms for people without Si-trim Civics.

I've done swaps on seats! i took integra seats and put them in my 89 crx, and it didn't work out very well. don't do it man, unless your planning on welding the tracks. only because they are wider than the track mounting holes in a rex

Back