Bought a CR-V

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I see what appears to be a new spare tire cover.
Where did you get it and how much?
Mine was decent and still holding together, but I knew if I had to access that spare, the cover was never going to go back on again, the zipper was starting to fail at the bottom.
Could not find a reasonable replacement when I looked.

Took some pictures after the ceramic coating cured enough to take out of the garage. Enjoy:
600_5616_smaller-jpg.27991

600_5613.jpg
600_5608.jpg

Attachments

• 600_5616_smaller.jpg
    600_5616_smaller.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 382
It's very shiny. Super shiny. Like, it's so nice looking.

I replaced the rear sway bar end links today. The ones in the sway bar side were just spinning, and I couldn't get a bite on them (hardened steel, ya know?) with knipex or vice grips, so I had to resort to removing the whole sway bar from the car, and welding it to a piece of angle iron. That worked really well, and was more comfortable than working on it in the car.

aPga70K.png

Next is to figure out what part of the exhaust is banging when I go over bumps. It's driving me crazy.

Looks great. Detailed the wife's car today on the freshly pressure washed driveway.

Now clean that passenger front wheel!

Looks great. Detailed the wife's car today on the freshly pressure washed driveway.

Now clean that passenger front wheel!
Yeah, it's bothering me a lot. I tried hand-rubbing it with some compound, but it didn't come off. It might just be a case of "buy some paint, and seal that stain in" kind of problem resolution.

I put some Kenwood 1665 2-way speakers in, it made a world of difference in the sound, compared to the Honda OEM Pioneer ones.

IMG_20200411_143953.jpg

I really am amazed at the condition of them, they're all completely intact.

I'm really surprised. I drove the CR-V 100 miles with a 1400lb tractor on that trailer, through the mountains of Pennsylvania, there was only one sketchy part where I was worried I was going to run out of brakes, but that's always a sketchy spot, because there's a traffic light right at the bottom of it, then a big climb afterwards. Thankfully the light turned green before I fully got to a stop.

The tractor is fun, had to rebuild the injection pump, but now it runs.

If anyone is second guessing or putting off ceramic coating on a car they like and want to keep clean, even a $3 bottle of Chinese ceramic coating works really well.

I've put about 1200 miles on this car, mostly in the rain. I've gone to numerous farms, lumber supply places, driven on gravel and dirt roads, and even accidentally towed some things that may have slightly exceeded the GVCW. It's been parked outside for the past two weeks while all the pollen and nasty rain has fallen on it, it was covered in bugs, road grime, etc. We got a really hard rain, and it actually cleaned it up really well.

IMG_20200523_103130.jpg

After intensely washing my wife's CR-V (which gets regular car washes btw), I decided to hose this one down, then I wiped it dry with a couple microfiber cloths. I'm really surprised at how nice it looks, like, aside from some chips and such, it's a nice new car.
IMG_20200523_164505.jpg

IMG_20200523_164452_MP.jpg

So, seriously, get a bottle of this cheap stuff, and smear it on. It's amazing. I'm going to do my wife's CR-V tonight, maybe it'll help keep hers clean too. I'm really interested to see the difference in washing her car after I've applied it.

If I had a garage I would try this stuff.

Do it in the shade you don't need a garage for it.

Buuuuuut, a 10x17 garage from harbor freight is only $169 right now, and you can probably stack a coupon.

I'm a believer. I didn't get the cheap off Amazon but the mediocre from Auto Zone. Now a month later with no washes, massive pollen dumps. and rain, water still poured off easily and paint is glossy. (Was glossy before lol). Wife's car looks fantastic too!

I've used Gyeon Rim on my track wheels with great success. I'll be giving this a shot when I get back in a garage.

Back