Brake Pads

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

halcyon985

Looking to see what everyone else has used for brake pads. The only "performance" pads I have tried are the AEM ones, and they worked quite nicely. I noticed very little fade, and they got good life. A bit pricey if i remember, but hey, it was worth it. I need to get new ones now that the summer is here (if it stops raining), I'm running standard brakes now, and the fade is a real bitch. Basically they are mush after about 5 minutes of hard driving. They were also free though, and I was flat broke at the time, so they have served their purpose.

So question is this, what have you used, how were they for stopping power, fade, price, anything else. Just hoping to comparison shop a little before I plunk down some more dough, thanks!

Hawk HP+ --- im running these now... the braking is incredible... there is NO fade (i do track days with the car and repeatedly slow from 120 - 60 for about 30 min at a time)... i have a few track days and autoXs on them along with quite a bit of "spirited" driving and they barely have any wear on them.... tirerack.com has good prices on them

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hawk HPS, I love them. Unfortunately the down side to stepping up to Wilwood calipers is the sharp increase in pad cost.

I also am happy with my Hawks,but I do have them on stock size slotted rotors,did both at the same time and am very happy but I couldnt how much of the effect is one or the other but my brakes rock :D

oh yeah the one semi down side to the Hawk HP+ pads is they do throw quite a bit of dust

i've used Hawk HP+ on my wilwoods and loved them, i've just started using ferodo pads, and love those now too.. either one is a good bet, the hawks are a lil cheaper so i would go with them.

Any differences between the Hawk HPS and HP+? Or are they the same pad. They seem like they must be a good product if that many people are using them. How do they compare pricewise with AEM?

Back