building ew1

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ORoS0

hey. i picked up a 3g civic recently and i was wondering what i can do to the ew1 to give her bit more spice, besides exhaust and intake

Probably not worth the money to try and build that motor. The EW1 was rated at 58-76hp.
You could consider an EW4 swap, but that would require fuel pump, and multi point fuel injection wiring, etc. and the E4 only made 91hp.
Just to compare, a B16 has 160hp, so you're really not going to turn that EW1 into something quick without a ton of cash.

Here's a video of a turbo EW4 going down the strip. Not exactly lightning fast, and that's with the MPFI and boosted.

i heard of someone in my area swapping a b20 out of his ek including loom, axles, hubs, tranny and making custom mounts while running dicktator management into his 3rd gen civic, im not sure if its real, but would it be possible? i know it would be a pain in the ass but im prepared for that.

anything is possible with a saw, welder, time and money.

I would think it may be too tall.... oil pan dragging, hood not closing.

If your chassis and body are not completely spotless and rust free I would not invest that much time or money into this car.
I did a swap etc to my 86 CRX Si and ended up running into rust issues.

thats the thing the body and interior is basically perfect, the previous owner had it in storage for 8 years and i bought it for next to nothing. heres parts everywhere in cape town, so the parts i can get for cheap.

Back