Building H23

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

XcreatonX

yeah i had some ? on building up my h23. i would like to put turbo on it after i rebuild it. i was just wondering what parts and what brands i should get i would like to run about 15 psi on the fmax turbo

ok, without slammin u for sayin 15 psi on a fmax turbo, u should be more specific(a/r, all the specs of the turbo and such) if u want real good answers, but heres my opinion JE pistons (low compression lik 9.0.1), rods(crower), since it is a H series, find out wether urs is open or closed sleeved, if u dont kno what that means tell me and ill tell ya, but i dont wanna type it all out if u already kno, either way its always smart to get it resleeved...but not always necessary. anymore questions let me kno

ps- i almost forgot, before u upgrade anything buy hondata for turbo h23, and ull be set, hondata is better than internals and would be the first thing i would do if i were u

yeah i know what open and closed deck are and im pretty sure it is closed deck like the h22 but im goin to resleeve it and i planned on gettin the hondata. any good places to get those parts from like sleeve rods pistons. and what kind of cams do you think i should run

my fav is ebay, cheap prices for usually 99% new stuff, u can get ur rods, pistons, etc on ebay usually, getting ur h23 resleeved is a lil dif, i live in nebraska so i could only refer u to garages here that could do it for you...thats up to u...good pick goin with hondata ive only heard good things about them, as far as cams go i cant really help u there...sorry im not an expert on the h series, but for turbo my guess would be u dont want very radical cams lik the ones vtec has already...but i duno i just pulled that outta my ass

yeah theres a shop in ames, iowa that i think im goin to have resleeve it for me. do you have hondata if you do what stage do you have. and where did you get it from cuz the closest place i could find in Minn.
do you know what kind of sleeves are good i was lookin at darton or ari sleeves.

i dont hav hondata, yet, bc i havnt boosted my engine yet, im not sure if im goin sc or turbo, but whatever i do i will sure as hell buy hondata first thing. i kno tha tu can buy hondata off hondata.com, as far as tuning it im not sure...unless u r fuel/air tuning saavy, i wouldnt do it urself. it depends if u want the stand alone, or just an ecu from them that can read boost...go to their site and read up on it, look for lik s100 or s200 and see if they apply to ur ecu.

Im also building the H23 and am getting the Je/Crowe rod/piston combo. i just wanna know what sleeves are the best for it and if anyone knows a cheap place for the mounts. MOST importantly i need to know where to find head parts and i cant find anything on ebay...

Originally posted by XcreatonX@Jan 25 2003, 02:42 AM
yeah theres a shop in ames, iowa that i think im goin to have resleeve it for me. do you have hondata if you do what stage do you have. and where did you get it from cuz the closest place i could find in Minn.
do you know what kind of sleeves are good i was lookin at darton or ari sleeves.

what shop are you going to in ames?

yeah i got referd to arnold motor supply by audio plus its kinda a v8 shop but i guess they do some import motors there so. im goin to give it a shot
are you from iowa

Originally posted by XcreatonX@Jan 26 2003, 01:51 AM
yeah i got referd to arnold motor supply by audio plus its kinda a v8 shop but i guess they do some import motors there so. im goin to give it a shot
are you from iowa

audio plus is a joke, its a ricers paradise there. I never heard of arnold motor supply though...

yeah im in ames now going to isu

yeah audio plus is kinda gay and the charge why to much for parts but jason has a pretty nice car
have you heard anything about xtech
what kind of car do you drive

Back