buy your own cave home

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

saw that on yahoo.

pretty cool. is it finished though? i think the garage is the best part. it's like a bat cave.

it looks like its 80-90% finished. needs some trim and sheetrock here and there.

festivus

that looks awesome, especially the open ceiling in the living room area
would be cool if it had a closed in front "yard" inside the glass wall before the actual "house" started

if you can believe it, we have a couple houses like that in dallas...they are freakin sweet. best theatre rooms ever (no light at all).

These houses are neat. They have their own unique problems though. Human beings need sunlight to be healthy, you're GOING to have high radon levels, and the CO2 needs to be pumped out.

But if you explore Pennsylvania, you'll find lots of caves. And the cave zoning states that if your cave goes under other's properties, you own that cave. Whoever owns the mouth of the cave owns the whole thing.

it must get cold as fuck in there.

0162_1.JPG

that reminds me of golden eye.

Yeah thats pretty badass....there is a few old missile silos around here that people have converted to houses....that would be badass total self sufficient.

That is so legit. I love it! The idea is so awesome.

Personally I'd build the outside like a castle, cuz I'm a huge nerd.

yeah, but when you wake up in the morning, and go to get out from under your warm blanket, 55 is cold as fuck.
:shrug2: my house is 55-60 most of the time.

consier this though... you CAN still have heat in the place if you want :)

in fact, its 21 out side now.
its still 55 in that cave.

either james bond or the bat cave.

but yeah, 55 is cold as fuck in a lot of situations.
thats kinda how my bathroom is. its tiled almost all the way up the wall with stone like tiles.
its ALWAYS fucking freezing in there, even when the room is filled with steam.
its a bitch when i gotta get out of the shower..

Really? You're going to have to show me one of these weekends.

They arent nearly in the realm of 15k sq/ft but they are probably in the 4-5k range. Still huge, but not as huge as this place. The sad thing is I dont know how to get back to that area, I just know that I see it coming home from the state fair, but I never notice how I get home from the fair.

Back