C&D Evo 9 review

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

man, i really like the look of evos, the power the handling...but the inside is what kills me. Its so cheap and too minimal.

the 4g63... forever going to be one of the greatest motors ever.. like it or not it has secured its place among the others

this one is TONS better than the 8 JUST BECAUSE they got rid of that disgusting front bumper.

i like it alot better than previous modles, especailly for doing a stock 13.4 sec 1/4 mile, but 35,700 seams a bit hight for me.

wait, does this mean that we are going to hear how great the evo is for another whole year???? god im pretty sick of this car already haha

^^ don't worry, it not like its the best thing to hit imports or anything, don't get me wrong, its a sweet car, but i prefer my honda over it.

Originally posted by 92dxhatch@Apr 15 2005, 05:31 PM
^^ don't worry, it not like its the best thing to hit imports or anything, don't get me wrong, its a sweet car, but i prefer my honda over it.
[post=487617]Quoted post[/post]​

Why? :shrug2:

Originally posted by preluderjs+Apr 15 2005, 02:36 PM-->
92dxhatch
@Apr 15 2005, 05:31 PM
[post=487617]Quoted post[/post]​

Why? :shrug2:
[post=487619]Quoted post[/post]​

because i'm not made out of money, and for a tenth of the cost to purchase the evo i could put together a pretty wicked honda, you could put a pretty decent motor in there, decent suspension, decend brakes and a good interior and exteriror and you have a car custom to you, not to the world. i like to think practical and how to save money and do it right, not saying its a wast of money, no, i like the car, i just can't afford something like that, plus i've always been satisfied with my honda. it builds character, and plus by building the car, instead of just getting all the performance, you will respect the car more, because you put you sweat, time, money and you sacrificed for the car and earned the car. so i hope you understand where i'm coming from, i get all upset and see these teenagers getting these cars and they think they are bad to the bone, but if you took that same teenager, and he built his own car, he would be bad, because he respects and will love that car, he'll be less incline to do stupid things to it and i gaureentee that that little honda will last longer than the evo, IF he takes care of it.
sorry for the essay, but thats a touchy subject for me, every car i have ever owned had been rebuildt by my own hands, and because of that, i learn to respect and care for the car, better than a new one.

64 volk bettle= rebiult, ground up
91 honda crx = rebuilt, ground up (rip)
92 dx hatch = in proccesse of rebulding (current car) click on sig

-ryan

haha, aight, i can respect that, i see what you're saying, and i do know that no one is made out of money, i was just thinking that if someone handed me an evo or my 00 GTI.... id probably choose the evo, even though i really like my car now (turned into a huge VAG fan over the past year), just my .02 cents tho

I'm sick of the fucking evos. I'm getting sick of sti's too. I want a G35.

veh_gal_g35c_wall_15.jpg

Now tell me that shit ain't sic as fuck.

Make it gunmetal or black with some staggered offset mesh 18s and we've got a deal!

Not a big fan of the Infinity, I'd rather have an Audi A8 Quattro, 6 speed, AWD, 339hp, 317lbs-ft :drool: the US models are ghey speed limited, but you get a German ECU and forget about it.

Originally posted by NissanNiNjA2nd@Apr 15 2005, 02:28 PM
the 4g63... forever going to be one of the greatest motors ever.. like it or not it has secured its place among the others
[post=487550]Quoted post[/post]​

The 4g63 is one of the worst motors ever. It nearly SINGLE HANDEDLY forced Mitsubishi into bankruptcy.

from the article B posted

>>Mitsubishi Motors has lost almost $9 billion over the past five years and was hemorrhaging at the rate of $12.5 million per day back in February, according to Automotive News<<

We are studying Mitsubishi in one of my business classes, and the teacher attributes a good chunk of the failure of the company to the poor reliability of the 4g63.

Notice i am not saying the 4g63 is a weak/wimpy motor, just an UBER unreliable one.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Apr 16 2005, 04:25 AM
Not a big fan of the Infinity, I'd rather have an Audi A8 Quattro, 6 speed, AWD, 339hp, 317lbs-ft :drool: the US models are ghey speed limited, but you get a German ECU and forget about it.
[post=487760]Quoted post[/post]​

Nice choice, but I'd rather have the new RS4 coming out... 4.2l V8 w/ 420hp and an 8250 rpm redline in a small sedan. :worthy:

Originally posted by preluderjs+Apr 18 2005, 04:27 AM-->
@Apr 16 2005, 04:25 AM
[post=487760]Quoted post[/post]​

Nice choice, but I'd rather have the new RS4 coming out... 4.2l V8 w/ 420hp and an 8250 rpm redline in a small sedan. :worthy:
[post=488148]Quoted post[/post]​

Oh yea, the 2005 is NICE...so much better looking than the new bimmers

rs405_02.jpg

Back