Cam Gear Adjustments

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I recently dynoed my 00' si too diffrent sessions. It has a lot done and had major tuning problems. The top end is a jun type 3 head kit and the bottom is a 3 overbore at 10.5:1 compression pretty much all other components are upgraded also but it really doesn't matter at this point. I had todd at jun make me an ecu last year the bottom was stock and not much eles done just the jun head. It ran sweet. Untill I spun a journal bearing at 10k free reving umm
dont do that no matter how cool it sounds.
Any way I couldn't change any thing on the dyno the first time around because we cant tune the jun ecu only jun can do that and that means swimming to japan. At least it seams like it takes that long. So I swaped it for a Hondata s100s ecu it is way better than the jun and at less than half the price, no it is.
The second day on the dyno was a headache to say the least. And that was with brent raus personal tech working on it. I made 30 thirty 30 fing pulls and finaly it runs great.
Now my question I'm not going back to dyno my si until later and there is a race very soon. Does any one know what a good setting would be for my cam gears? ex retard 1 1/2 int 1 1/4 ? thats what jun recommended last year. Some one please help.

yea you should have dynoed it before... but i'd say try advancing the intake 1 degree and retarding the exhaust 1 degree.

ass dyno it.

Back