Camber effect toe?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

asmallsol

Super Moderator
In january I went in for an alignment, and for the rear driver side wheel, the toe was so out of spec, they maxed out the adjuster, and it was still slightly out of spec.

I hit something with the wheel at the end of december, so I am thinking that It is probally bent somewhere that I could not see. There is also alot of negative camber at that wheel. When I filled up today, I looked at that tire, and the inner part of that tire was pretty fucked up. So now I am pissed.

Anyways, I have an entire Integra that I can pull parts off of, so I am just going to switch the entire rear trailing arm (will do on both sides, just incase there are any slight diffrences between the Sol and the Integra trailing arms). When I do this, I was also going to do the washer trick.

Now for my major question...When I do the washer trick, will that also put the toe more into spec so that way, the toe adjuster will no longer be maxed out?

Not that I know of, whenever I adjust the toe or camber, the other one is unaffected in my experience. But by replacing the bent part(im assuming its the trailing arm) I would imagine you won't need to me maxed on the toe adjustment, and it should fix the admber problem too. I'd get it on an alignment rack after you swap to see where it stands, then decide if you need to do the washer thing, etc. Also, someone makes adjustable length compensator arms if you still need more toe adjustment, although I cant remember who I saw them on H-T in the roadracing forum.

the washer trick is only good for about .5 of a degree. it shouldn't efffect toe if they are even

Originally posted by asmallsol@Apr 5 2004, 02:36 AM
Anyways, I have an entire Integra that I can pull parts off of, so I am just going to switch the entire rear trailing arm (will do on both sides, just incase there are any slight diffrences between the Sol and the Integra trailing arms). When I do this, I was also going to do the washer trick.

Now for my major question...When I do the washer trick, will that also put the toe more into spec so that way, the toe adjuster will no longer be maxed out?

There's no difference, but if you hit something hard enough to put something out of whack, hell, replace it all :)

And no the washer trick doesn't adjust toe it just just pushes the camber arm out, the compensator arm is at the top of the trailing arm, and I wouldn't stick anything like a washer under it.

Back