Cam's?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

brc80

Im trying to decide what cams would be best for me. I have a b16 in my 90 integra, with 2 1/2 cat back and CAI, im going to get the itr header this week i hope. Next on , my list is cams would you guys go CTR or Skunk 2 stage 2 for a daily driven car? And if i did go with the skunks where in my powerband will i see those gains. Thanks

Originally posted by brc80@Feb 24 2003, 12:05 PM
Im trying to decide what cams would be best for me. I have a b16 in my 90 integra, with 2 1/2 cat back and CAI, im going to get the itr header this week i hope. Next on , my list is cams would you guys go CTR or Skunk 2 stage 2 for a daily driven car? And if i did go with the skunks where in my powerband will i see those gains. Thanks

i say stick with skunk 2 type 2's... oh and as for the ITR header lol.... when i was dynoing my car brandon, funniest shiet i've seen in awhile

i have a shitty Matrix R1 header on my motor and when we dynoed the car it made alright power... we strapped on a type-r header and absolutely NO DIFFERENCE lol... no where on the power band was there an increase in power... even Oshimo [my tuner] was trppin the fuck out, something like 1.75" collector vs the 2.5 of the R spec header....

Now power with the type r header? Strange. But back to the cams where is the power going to be with the stage 2's i dont want to have to rev to ten grand to make it.

Im looking for power i can use on the street not the track, hope that helps.

Try Toda spec B....or if that's too much try Jun type 2.....Toda Spec C and Jun type 3 are highly agressive, so i'm not sure if it's suitable for a daily driver....

for daily driving... i have ctr intake / itr exhaust...

i make power all the way to 8500 and probably past there but i never go that far...

i'm sure the skunk2's would be nice as well...

So for daily driving ctr's would be the best?

I want the most power i can get out of a street driven car. I dont want to have to drive at 9200rpm all day to make power.

oh....lol....okay....try TODA Spec C's....hehehe.....i'm pretty sure you'll be satisfy at 4800....gaurantee...or Jun type 3

the skunk stage 2's are plenty big for the street you will have to rev out any of those cams past 8k to make the power its honda its vtec get over it make sure you buy the valvetrain or youll be seeing you motor come apart. Also the stage 2's have a bigger lift and duration than most of the other cams out there

for a daily driver, get CTR's, they'll be fine on your stock valvtrain if you keep stock rev limit. if you go toda's or jun's or even skunk2 stage 2, you'll have to beef up your springs/retainers not to mention the todas and juns are $$$$

:werd: for daily driven get the CTR's. since you said your car is going to be street driven, get the CTR's, you'll be fine with that setup.

Back