Can't Decide Help Please...!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Civic EJ1 SiR

ok this will be the last time i ask this question....well first off i'd like to know if the JDM SiR - II is the same price as the USDM B16A2 if not what are the price differences....bottom line..is the extra 1000 bucks i'd have to shell out for the GSR gonna be worth the money...?when you think about it that 1000 bucks can go to a clutch and bolt ons for the b16 and spank GSR's(not necassarily spank em but you get the picture i'm painting) everyone please keep in mind i want to run turbo(eventually) and i want to run on OBD1 so what will i need to do for that..?everyone always talks about displacment....honestly do you feel that .2 liters when you drive these motors???anyhow bottom line
USDM B16A2 or JDM SiR-II or GSR....?

P.S. can you guys gimme a ballpark price range for these motors thanks....peace!

the B16A2 is an OBD-2 engine (99-00 Si)

there is a thread in the racing section about a del sol with a B18B LS engine vs a B16 SiR2 powered hatch...

the extra displacement is definatly worth it in my oppinion i vote for the B18C1

If you're "definatly" going to be running boost, why not just get a B18b?

The 1.6 is a bit small in my opinion (and is obd2) while the c1 is more of a N/A motor.

Plus the LS is cheaper (more money for boltons).

Some people on this site have found LS swaps for less than $1500

yeah dude, you can feel the .2, it's sick, fuckin night an day.... but i'd go b18b still though.

usdm b16a2's vary all over in price because their availibility/miles vary so much, as where the sir2 swaps are plenty, so pretty much they always sit around that $2000-2500 mark.

to run obd1 we'll have to see what kinda motor you get, chances are if you order a sir2 swap it'll prolly be obd1... b18b not as good of odds, but all you have to do is specify that to whom your purchasing it from.

This is my .02,do you have a EJ1 whats that 94-95 coupe,right?VTi's coupes here (Germany) are pretty quick,with b16a2 (or siRII in Japan).Not a bad choice for the price,plus you got money left over.But if your looking to go all out,then start with more=1.8.Personally I wouldn't get the usdm unless you can pull it your self and save a lot of money.

please can we steer clear of the LS motor...i know everyone is trying to help out when they mention that motor but i will not have a turbo for a while possibly a year after i get the swap done..so i basically want a good strong motor for the time being...can't i use an OBD1 ecu with the b16a2 USDM...? like maybe from the SiR - II...anyhow i'm going to be running all motor for a while so i want themost cost effective powerplant possible...

Never mentioned the ls.READ the replies.If you want a cost effective motor for a 5th gen coupe get a b16a(siRII)obd1,good hp for the price easy to swap.A b18c1 can be had in obd 1 or 2 for about a 1000 bucks more.

Originally posted by Civic EJ1 SiR@Jan 10 2003, 05:50 PM
can't i use an OBD1 ecu with the b16a2 USDM...? like maybe from the SiR - II...anyhow i'm going to be running all motor for a while so i want themost cost effective powerplant possible...

ok the deal if you wanna do that you gotta run obd1 sensors like dizzy, injectors, etc. and then run a chipped p28 or p30... that'd be the route i'd take

Originally posted by prawjEKt Cx+Jan 11 2003, 01:34 AM-->
Civic EJ1 SiR
@Jan 10 2003, 05:50 PM
can't i use an OBD1 ecu with the b16a2 USDM...? like maybe from the SiR - II...anyhow i'm going to be running all motor for a while so i want themost cost effective powerplant possible...

ok the deal if you wanna do that you gotta run obd1 sensors like dizzy, injectors, etc. and then run a chipped p28 or p30... that'd be the route i'd take

If he's going to be replacing the distibutor,injectors and ecu the cost effectivness starts to slip away.A b18c1 is available in the obd he needs and at a decent price,as well as the usmd 94-95 delsol vtec b16a3 or a jdm b16a siRII.

good point... i didn't even think of that route i was just concentrating on what it'd take to put the motor he had planned in his car.......... but yeah listen to him he's got a strong point.

Originally posted by prawjEKt Cx+Jan 10 2003, 07:34 PM-->
Civic EJ1 SiR
@Jan 10 2003, 05:50 PM

No, you can run an obd2 motor in a obd1 car. Its very easy. You dont need to do the things you just mentioned. You have to pick up a 96-01 integra wiring harness and plug it in to your motor, then plug it into the connection at the shock tower. Then run an obd1 ecu for the proper engine. Thats it. Everything plugs in.

Back