car stalling, help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hondadude199

About ten days ago my car stalls while in 4th gear, going about 45 down a road, I roll into a parking lot and try to crank it and it wanted to crank but didn't I get out and look under the hood to see if there was any thing obviously wrong and I get back in and it cranked right up, After that about half mile down the road it does the exact same thing. Iv driven it every day since then and it has not done it again. It has a new ignitor so its not that, but if anybody has an idea please let me know. its a stock eg z6

Check for some dumb little problem like a loose wire or battery terminal. Did you have enough gas in the car? If you have a short ram intake did it hit a battery terminal? (that caused my old civic to stall out) I bet it was something stupid that caused it.

yeah ^^ :werd:

check the grounds, might be loose. Sounds like a loose part or soemthing like that.

I would visually check the engine bay out.

Oh yea, the first time it stalled my tach went crazy right as it stalled, it went from 2k to 5k then 1 to 4, the engine did not rev it was just the tach. Could this be my coil, since the negative terminal is connected to the tach right?

its under the dash near the fuse box
there is a full how-to for checking it in the helms

when my battery was dead and I was trying to crank it over, my tach went nuts. dont know whats wit the tach, but thats what was wrong wit my car. check ur battery wires, battery, alternator.

Back