CAR STOLEN: My 1993 Honda Civic CX Hatch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

my insurance said they didnt cover anything, thats why im with a different carrier now.. i got screwed

anything, i mean ANYTHING can be insured. it's just if you are willing to pay for it.

hell, lloyd's of london will insure you for an alien abduction. i'm sure you can get full coverage for an ef.

i wonder if anyone has ever tried alien abduction fraud against them.. lol

my insurance went up to $1900 a year when i insured the car and mods for $12,500 with a custom policy that way i will still be covered if some one hits me and totals the car my insurance picks up the diffrence and battles it out with them

most places wont even allow full coverage because its an older vehicle

Lol, Whut? You sure?

I'd stay away from any place that says they can't give you full coverage, because it's too old. Sounds like fraud to me.

My insurance went up to $1900 a year when i insured the car and mods for $12,500 with a custom policy. That way i will still be covered if some one hits me and totals the car. My insurance picks up the diffrence and battles it out with them.

I paid $3230/yr in Germany for insurance on my EJ9, and that's with a clean record. I also added some basic capitalization and punctuation to your post.

Last edited:
I paid $3230/yr in Germany for insurance on my EJ9, and that's with a clean record. I also added some basic capitalization and punctuation to your post.

Why thanks. I get lazy or in a hurry sometimes and the result is lack of capitalization, punctuation and often misspelled words.

Dunno yet, just told me they found it and that it had been stripped.

hey, at least you got it back. I didn't get mine. neither did a lot of other people. time to get a couple kill switches, a clutch lock, a cable wheel lock, and better insurance.

i would rather spend 20 minutes securing it every time i get out and $500 on the stuff than to lose an entire car and deal with that stress again.

Just a kill switch and a good alarm should do the trick...

Update: They caught the guys who did it, one of them even admitted to taking my wheels and tires which i will be getting back. They haven't found my engine or interior yet though. I'm so happy those guys got fucking caught, hopefully they'll find my stuff as well since they seem willing to give up information.

haha, you are lucking it was a couple douche bags.

normally it's a theft ring that seldom gets caught. take it as a good lesson.

Update: They caught the guys who did it, one of them even admitted to taking my wheels and tires which i will be getting back. They haven't found my engine or interior yet though. I'm so happy those guys got fucking caught, hopefully they'll find my stuff as well since they seem willing to give up information.

kick ass; hopefully they have to serve some time in a prison with some less than wonderful cell mates. :D

Good. I'd personally write a letter to the prosecuting ADA and request the maximum. Helps if you have receipts for everything in the car too. Get that shit upgraded to the max, get those assholes off the streets and into jail where they belong.

congrats on getting it back and them getting caught.. even kill switches and alarms cant stop someone with a flatbed or trailer, i know from experience..

Hell Yes, I never hear about the guys getting found!!
This is giving me a happy felling:D

How did they get caught, do you know?

I don't know much yet, going to talk to them tomorrow. As for the car, it's stripped down to nothing. Anyone want to buy a rolling chassis? :(

Back