Carlisle 04

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cycloneb18c3

whats up?
I just wanted to see who all plans on going to this show this year. you can check it out at :
webpage

already posted this bro- But yeah, i personally am not going to go- There is a test and tune that weekend at island dragway that won't cost me 200 dollars a night at a hotel-

I went to carlilse imports a couple years ago with some friends. They cancelled it the next year because it was too crazy for the town. And I'm not even kidding. It was nuts down there.

yea, it is pretty crazy. Im staying at a friends house in harrisburg, so we dont have to worry about 200 dollar hotel rooms. Last year there was a hole group of us from here, and it was funny, we were rippin down the streets in my friends pickup truck(nissan pickup, SR20DET swap) and the BOV hittin--- people were looking at us like we're nuts, it was awesome.

i might go down for one day. dont have money to spend on a hotel , but if a few of my friends chip in ill be down there the whol w/e

car shows with drift events, rally events, arnt gay...
especially when people are out like 3 in the morning smokin tires up in a hotel parking lot, and when the hotel parking lot is filled with "hooked up cars".

Originally posted by Slammed90Lude@Apr 13 2004, 07:18 PM
hooked up cars are defined by body kits and intakes at carlisle-

werd..

drifting cool.. body kits "made in america JayDeeM" cars.. 4 or more colors of paint.. burning tires in a quite little town that doesn't really want you there for the most part.. basically acting like a sterotypical ricer..

yeah cool man

maybe this year i'll get beer bottles thrown at me again- That was really a great time last year, i love watching a burnout and bikini contest and then dodging full beer bottles flying at my from 40 feet up in the stand- :thumbsup: for the ricer fucktards

so whats wrong with car shows? those people put just as much time, effort and money into their cars as all the "racers" do. you gotta show respect to get respect. i love going to car shows and looking at the cars, trucks, women and all the different competitions going on. i go to meet people and chat cars all day long and to get ideas/swap ideas with others. its actually fun to do.

i'm not taking anything away from car shows- I had a blast there last year looking at all the cars and talking with the owners- But the security there was simply not up to the task of containing all those kids, and it's frustrating when you
a)can't watch a bikini contest or burnout contest without being hit by beer bottles or rocks

b)have to get challenged at EVERY traffic light because the kid with the body kit and intake thinks he Vin Diesel

c)can't even talk to most of the car owners because they think they're good to anwer your questions

If your not going to the Carlisle Show come to Stage2 Performance meet. If enough raffle tickets are purchased some awsome prizes will be given away. You can check out the thread on Honda-tech

http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=822847

It should be great. If you wanna come down and support a great shop, show up.

Back