CEL Light

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SolLess16

just recently i have been having my CEL light come on whenever i go over around 70% throttle. as soon as it comes on the engine will overheat, high idle (2000), and horrible throttle response. I think my engine might be goin in limp mode from slight detenation. Any help would be apreciated. I havnt had a chance to see what code im throwing but will shortly , thanks

first step is to obviously pull the code

fromt he sounds of it- it sounds liek a map sensor issue.

what are you suing for management?

im using a VAFC2 and im only boosting 7pds, but i dont even have to see boost for the light to come on in the first place. Im running no check valves or missing link which i think i should be but my one freind told me i didnt have to, any help is apreciated, thanks guys

Your friend is right, you shouldn't need a check valve if you are running the hack, or the original hack using your vafc. I'd take a good hard look at your PCV system. In extreme cases, you can heat soak your radiator in the presence of a fatty FMIC. Hot coolant running through your IAC valve will make your idle get nuts high as your ECU tries to keep your engine from stalling out. Or you could have a failing map sensor :D.

Back