CEL on LS/VTEC???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Okay during my LSVTEC swap last night we ran into a problem, I had to use the TB off of my LS IM because my B16 one had a Vacuum line on it that my LS didnt have, as well as the IM having another vacuum port that the B16 didnt have. Has anyone ran into this problem doing theyre LSVTEC in the 99 TEG w/ a OBDI B16a3. Now I have a CEL and My vtec isnt working, is that just because the CEL is on that vtec wont work??? Please help me

yes its 21 vtec soleniod but i just tested the solenoid i know its good and i know i wired it right i had a 1 wire vtec upgrade done to the ecu when it got chipped so that it disables the vtp sensor and all you have to do it run 1 wire for solenoid and they bring a wire directly out of the ecu casing for you to connect to basically wiring vtec for dummies, you cant screw it up, so it must be the ecu right? if not thne what?

btw he is sending me a new ecu tomarrow...so if no workie then what?

ive seen a vtec get hung open somehow and throw vtec code, and when you test the vtec it appears to work. mabe that helps you, sorry if it doesnt.

Originally posted by HollowJDM@May 23 2005, 05:17 PM
ive seen a vtec get hung open somehow and throw vtec code, and when you test the vtec it appears to work. mabe that helps you, sorry if it doesnt.
[post=502679]Quoted post[/post]​

thats retarded. hung open. what a dop :worthy: e

Back