Center channel?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Sabz5150

FALCON PUNCH!!!
Does anyone have a recommendation for a center channel speaker? It must be low profile and full range. It only has to handle 100 watts max. The only thing small enough that I've come across are all tweeters and they suck for the midrange frequencies.

Any ideas?

i would just get some good components, Focal is the shizzy, that will be better than any center chanel you can find

Originally posted by Smonkeyboy@Jan 29 2004, 05:06 PM
i would just get some good components, Focal is the shizzy, that will be better than any center chanel you can find

I have 5.1, I need a completely seperate center channel.

it would be a good idea to have the same brand as the main fronts, so that the tonal quality will be the same

Originally posted by EGLSHB@Feb 2 2004, 11:38 AM
it would be a good idea to have the same brand as the main fronts, so that the tonal quality will be the same

I snagged a Clarion SRK601, not what my fronts are but it still sounds pristine. I'll more than likely move my fronts and rears to Clarion once money permits.

I get to hear the system in full DTS 5.1 tomorrow. It's gonna be the shizzen. :worthy:

Originally posted by Smonkeyboy@Feb 17 2004, 02:25 PM
are we talkin about home audio???

No, I have a full 5.1 DTS setup in my car.

Here's a shot of the headunit, mp3 changer controls and the surround processor.

21859_27_full.jpg

Here's the center channel. I know it's not exactly the best place to install, but it's the only place I could find to install it. (damn I need to vacuum my car out!)

21859_28_full.jpg

Here's an image of the processor.

107350_13_full.jpg

Circle surround and DTS capable.

The sound is really high quality and very atmoshperic. My friend's description was simply "Damn."

Originally posted by projectxspeed@Feb 17 2004, 09:32 PM
Takin SQ to the next level, nice job

Sound quality indeed. We tested the processor's DTS capability with a copy of Orbital's "The Altogether 5.1". Wound up having to make a copy of it because it's region 2 (Damn region BS!) and we could only fit the DTS tracks on it b/c the orginal was dual layer and the dual layer recorders have only just been released. Anyway, it really showed off what that little thing can do. Absolutely superb sound, crystal clear and 100% bona-fide surround. The music didn't seem to come from the speakers themselves, it felt as if you were literally in the middle of it all.

My friend and I came up with the crazy idea of adding six seperate VU meters to the mix just to have a visual of what's going on. Might be the next project if I can scrounge up the parts for it. :)

Eclipse used to make an over-the-rear-view-mirror center channel that worked incredibly well. The windshield always provides a perfect mid-high staging surface.

-> Steve

Originally posted by Celerity@Feb 24 2004, 02:54 PM
Eclipse used to make an over-the-rear-view-mirror center channel that worked incredibly well. The windshield always provides a perfect mid-high staging surface.

-> Steve

I'll have to look for one of those. Kenwood made a decently small center that could fit where my clock is. If I can get a better center, I'll use the Clarion as a matrixed rear center.

Back