Check For Lsd

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I just picked up my b16a and I am supposed to have a lsd in it. how do I check for it before I put my motor in.

pull off the half shaft if its not already off, and if you can see straight through the differential, no bars going across, its lsd equiped. or you can just rotate the half shaft and see if the other side spins in the same direction.

This stamp is one way...
P1180003-vi.jpg

The other is,if you look through the holes where the axles go in you should see nothing...
fc85d60c.jpg

that or just jack the car up and rotate one wheel while in Neutral. If both spin then you have lsd if not then none. I think thats a way you can check??? please let me know.

Yes,that's the other way,you can do what 60 sec assassin said with just the axles also,if it isn't mounted.

I think that checking through the hole is a the best way to tell because the stamp can always be fake? I think I have read somewere were thats easy to do. What would be a way to tell if its the factory lsd and not the aftermarket ones?

Aside from the Phantom grip,most of the aftermarket LSD's are better than OEM,and even the Phantom grip gets props.

if the wheels or shafts spin in the same dir, you either have an lsd equipped tranny or someone welded the differential. if they spin the opposite direction you dont have a lsd. the best way to tell is to look through. steve argueta at hmotorsonline told me that only the cable tranny with lsds and type r trannys are ever stamped. i dont think it would be a bad assumtion to believe him with the amount of engines he moves.

Back