Chevy Avalanche '03

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

tab

Super Moderator
I just wanted to post what I got, since noone is using this forum. If you have any questions about one, pm me.

The 5.3 will give you good gas milage for the size of the truck. I downgraded from the 5.3h.o. to a 4.3 with the 06 silverado. The 4.3 sucks but I had to get it because Chevy isn't making a rcsb with a stick and v8 anymore. I got better gas mileage with the 5.3h.o. than the 4.3. Hopefully within a year that won't be an issue if I can find a 6.0l from the ss or vortec max.
Tab have you looked into getting your ecu tuned yet? It gets rid of the bullshit torque management and help with the power. You should also get a 3" cat back single exhaust and a k&n fipk or another brand. My last Silverado the 3" piping and a dynomax bullet made a huge difference, but it was loud as fuck. These will make a huge difference.

nah, I haven't looked into that stuff. My truck has plenty of power. Of course, more is better, but I haven't found a lack of power yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back