Chevy SB questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i cant find my cam but like i said before those specs have to be very close, i have alot of people ask me if its a BB at stop lights. But ya this carb is a pice of ship, the demons on my trans am were 10x easyer to work with. Never did like elder carbs thought i liked holly but if thats the problem iam so gonna buy a demon again...

and can i get any other intake but this pos vortec.... i cant find any thing that will match up for carb apps, and fule injected takes away the fun of a v8..

i have 4 disk brakes all the way around, and the booster is a little bigger then stock but master cost me about 20$ off summit so its ok one. My brake are fine unless i give it gas lol.

Ive got 4 wheel discs too and I know Im going to need a bigger booster. Somebody make a supplemental power booster but I cant remember who it is right now. Either way discs pull more pressure than drums (I believe.)

double0si, you can purchase a hydraboost system or junkyard one off of many newer vehicles with some fab work. When I upgraded my rear to disc brakes I actually deleted the booster and went with a manual brake setup (cheaper).

when you go with big calipers it takes a drain, my front and rear are 1 pistion calipers, and D/S rotors at mechine shop. not much better then stock but it beats those read rusty heavy drums. Next is my civic with rear disk, those drums are a big turn off on looks.

You just gotta match all your components. You can run 4 piston calipers at all four corners with a manual brake setup, you just gotta have the master cylinder to handle it.

It was the choke its stuck open, went to parts house and got a new choke. did some playing around with my carb and its better, the plugs are a little gunky from running rich but the plugs i need are 40$ so it can wait. thanks folks

I was gonna throw my $.02 in and say to adjust your choke but looks like you got it all figured out, I used to have the same issue on my old blazer.

Back