Chipped P05 ECU problem

  • Thread starter Thread starter CaponeK
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 3K

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CaponeK

New Member
OK, so I've chipped and converted a P05 to VTEC in preparation for my B16A2 swap. I'm currently running a B20 with a P75 ECU. I've tried loading stock B20, and B18B maps to the chip and attempted to see if it's working. Every time I crank the car I get a CEL and irregular idle (jumps from 500ish to 1000ish). I know it's got something to do with the chipped ECU, because when I connect the P75 ECU the car runs fine. So I guess my question is where should I start troubleshooting to find the problem? Or are there any immediate things that come to mind for anyone that I should be checking?

Thanks in advance!
 
What software are you using?
Where did you get the maps?
What hardware are you using to push the maps down to the ecu? or are you using a ostrich/etc to go real-time?
 
What software are you using?
Where did you get the maps?
What hardware are you using to push the maps down to the ecu? or are you using a ostrich/etc to go real-time?

Honda Tuning Suite for the most part, but I've used Crome, eCtune, BMTune, and even Smanager and Neptune lol. But I have to use a converter for Neptune/Smanager since I don't have a Demon or Hondata, so I've stopped using those just to rule out the converter corrupting the files or something.
The first couple of maps I used were from this dump - https://honda-tech.com/forums/engine-management-tuning-124/free-my-entire-tuning-database-3311377/
But I've since used basemaps from HTS, Crome, and even made brand new ones.
No, I've got a 28 pin socket, with a ZIF on top of that, and a chip in the ZIF.
 
no, to the board itself. pin q30 needs a jumper like this:

I assume you're using a 4-wire o2 sensor.
 
I can't find Q30 on this board anywhere lol. It's a 11F0 boad aswell. And I'm using whatever is stock. The guy I bought the car from told me the only thing they changed is the motor itself. Also, I plugged up this ecu after I converted it to manual, and the car ran completely fine, no CEL. All the problems have started since I installed the vtec and chipping stuff.
 
Back
Top