Civic Ls-t Questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DjMcPhatty

I need some help..... I've decided to go ls turbo. I've been reading posts, and the turbo section of this site but I still have some questions.

Basically I have a 92 Civic Vx Hatch. I wanna go ls turbo but what exactly will I need to do it? This car is will be a daily driver, but also I want good power. I want to run 8 - 10 psi and have a fairly fast car without to many reliability problems. I know the engine will only be as reliable as I build it, but I have a fairly limited budget of $4000. What parts would I need to build a turbo set up that could safely run that boost? I've been reading some posts and would it be better to go with the long geared ls tranny or a gsr tranny? Like I said im new to the idea of forced induction but it sounds like it'll be hella fun.

HI. mat here.
Iam from the u.k and i have a 93 honda lsi which is the same spec as the vx . why dont you put a greddy universal turbo they arent that expensive either. iam currently looking for a 1.6 16v or 1.8 16v for mine but i need help on the installatoin side as the info i have is not clear. any insight mat :spin:

I need some help

hi :)
I've decided to go ls turbo. I've been reading posts, and the turbo section of this site but I still have some questions.

ok :)
Basically I have a 92 Civic Vx Hatch. I wanna go ls turbo but what exactly will I need to do it?

well, you need an ls motor, and a turbo set-up :)
This car is will be a daily driver, but also I want good power. I want to run 8 - 10 psi and have a fairly fast car without to many reliability problems.

head over to ks-motorsports.com
they have a good DIY turbo package. it also has 3" exhaust and hondata options. the reliabily problem is solved with hondata.
I'd also recommend you at least do new rods, or at the least, new arp rod bolts. the ls rods aren't the strongest things in the world.
with a good tune on a standard t3/to4e, you will be plenty fast and last a pretty long time.
I know the engine will only be as reliable as I build it, but I have a fairly limited budget of $4000.

4 grand is cutting it VERY close. unless you arent counting the motor. if you are, head on over to h-t and start searching the classifieds. there's always good parts for sale in there.
What parts would I need to build a turbo set up that could safely run that boost?

really, none. but id recommend those rods as i stated above.
I've been reading some posts and would it be better to go with the long geared ls tranny or a gsr tranny?

GSR

Back