clean after P&P

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

highperboi

i just port and polished my intake manifold and i was wondering what is the best way to clean out all the dust inside. Ive been hosing it down forever and when i run my finger inside my finger comes out grey still.

thanks

I am assuming you pulled the valves out?
Then use some heavy duty foaming engine cleaner and fill it up good. Then let it sit, and hose it out good. Last but not least use some solvent or hot tank it

Are you just using water or are you using anything to scrub it? Well you can use WD40 and a rag and that will work. Also you can use any carb cleaner that will work fine as well.

iam asuming you pulled the valves out?

What? :blink:

sorry i just got up and started drinking again we won a free keg a boarding trip for 4 days so we are starting yesterday and all the way to monday :beer: :beer:

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Mar 25 2004, 03:58 PM
sorry i just got up and started drinking again we won a free keg a boarding trip for 4 days so we are starting yesterday and all the way to monday :beer:  :beer:

you won a free keg. what????

hell ya me and 4 buddies working at at all weekend long
we off for the kokanee free ride tour we get driven out and back for the next 4 days as well as free lift tickets :thumbsup: so we all started last night and were meating up at 5 to get going agfain i had to crack some this morn to get rid of the hang over from hell

Use an air tool, and spray all the crap out with air, then wash with carb cleaner, then spray with air again. Personally I would take it to a machine shop and have them hot tank it, and then I would use an air tool after that.

thanks guys i washed it with a solvent tank and then i got a towl and wiped the inisides and last i blew anything remaning out with one of those air nozzles

Back