cluster swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

crx8787

cluster swap HELP

Would the 90 to 91 civic WAGON cluster fit in a 90 civic hatch std??

cant find a pic, but pretty sure the shape is the same, i want to cause the cluster i got has no tach and i dont want to mess up my dash putting a autometer bull**** on. just want to know if plugs are the same

you should just find another std one. shouldn't be too hard. the plugs would swap straight over.

CRX DX's have tachometers, not sure about the HFs.

I actually have a DX one but it's at my cousin's house(about 80mi away)

Also, if you wanted to, you could put just about any cluster in your car.

Here's mine(94 GSR): http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c164/K2e2vin/100_2460.jpg
The Accord ones seem like it would work better though; too bad I threw mine away.

Last edited:
CRX DX's have tachometers, not sure about the HFs.

I actually have a DX one but it's at my cousin's house(about 80mi away)

Also, if you wanted to, you could put just about any cluster in your car.

Here's mine(94 GSR): http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c164/K2e2vin/100_2460.jpg
The Accord ones seem like it would work better though; too bad I threw mine away.

sorry for the threadjack, but how did you do that?
my 90 came with the GSR cluster but my speedo never worked.

and I am sure the OP can use an Si cluster and the tach will work, so the wagon one should, I would just try it.

Pretty much just retrofit/wire in the GSR plugs(I actually used a set from an LS since the cluster didn't come with them). You have to swap over a electronic VSS and wire it in. The 88-91's have it built into the cluster.

I believe the wagovan cluster will work just fine.

and like kevin said you can use a different newer cluster as well. just make sure you wire up the electronic vehicle speed sensor. common ones would be the integra ls/gsr/type r cluster, crv cluster, and the 99-00 Civic Si cluster. i have a 94 ls in mine.

dsc0003or7.jpg

Last edited:
got a pic of my cluster, what is that box with the blue plug??

IMAG0119-1.jpg

mine looks like that as well everything but the gas gauge and speedo work in mine but I dont know what plugs into the blue. BTW i"m gettn a 17 code VSS so how do I wire it in as stated above.

that blue plug is for cruise control i believe. And the question about the 90-91 wagon cluster, yes it will work. I have a 90 wagon and have switched between the hatch and 4 door clusters in my wagon.

Back