CNC Machined Parts?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

same here so far. ran some sprockets today that got two taps at 90 degrees and a key way.
I guess i can make pullies! ^_^ I just have to steal the lathe sometime and get a good peice of aluminum.

Just make sure to do the outer diameter and the inner diameter all in one opperation. If you unchuck it with only one done, you might as well throw it in the trash lol.

I am thinking about building another motor from the block up and was wondering how hard it would be to bore and what tools i could use via "CNC" as in Mill work using a Drill, Hog, Flycutter, or something. I seen a drill as wide as a soda can and about 2 feet long yesterday at work and figured I may be able to buy something to bore with. If it's not long enough i could possibly flip the block and reset the coordinates but i don't want to fudge it up.

Naw, dont even try borin the hole from one side and finishin from the other. Youll never hit your marks good enough. If you hafta rough it out like that, thats fine but youll need a finish tool and youll hafta finish it from one side. On any bore you cant have any missmatch what so ever.

i figured. Well i have the motor ripped apart down to the block because it spun a bearing and i figured i might as well add some bottom end power while i am rebuilding.

Back